MoviePass Competitor Sinemia Launches $4.99 per Month Subscriptions

I went to the theater on Saturday. A large popcorn and large soda was $12.50 (with free refills) and my seat was a powered recliner. Adult tickets were $8.75, overall the pricing seems fine to me. I don’t know why people bitch about concession pricing so much, are you going to die if you don’t eat for two hours?

Though I will say something in the theater ceiling was rattling or squeaking quite audibly to me. This was driving me fucking nuts during most of the action scenes, totally ruined my immersion more than the bad plot :(

Last edited:
My last movie experiences, which granted haven't been a lot, the sound aspect has been to set it to LOUD. In some cases painfully loud, and I'm an older guy who has some level of hearing loss so I can imagine for others it's even worse, if I'm going to the movies it's to see something visual appealing and that usually comes with massive kabooms and rumbles and a lot of this is the movie makers fault for not toning down the 'splosion sound levels but I dunno if the "sound" aspect is necessarily a benefit for me. I mean sure if you have the "perfect" seats things are probably a bit more tolerable but just because you're near the edges shouldn't mean that a speaker full of pain should be your viewing experience.
I use in-ears made for concerts when I go to the movies, but last time I forgot them and that left me with tinnitus for 3 weeks, it went away for a couple of weeks and now it's back.. I should have told them to turn the volume down as I usually do, but I couldn't be bothered this time which was foolish of me.

Back