Moviegoing Is Expected to Hit a 22-Year Low

It's Hollywood who is killing the theaters.
Because they are greedy bastards, they charge a LOT to let theaters show their movies. To remain competitive the theaters can't jack up the price too much so they skim on other things. They find the cheapest crap possible and sell those as food with ridiculous margin. They use cheap labour, cheap equipment and squeeze as many people they can in a theater. All these make the experience bad, less people fall for it so they have to skim even more.
There are nicer theaters but you must have noticed the mainstreams are generally bad.

you dont say anything that I can disagree with mightily. Hollywood is about rising profits also. I have a lot of questions about why someone can make a movie for 5 million and someone with a similar feature costs 100 million. And then the studio says that we will break even but have enough money to finance another 100 million dollar movie??? Posts revenue of 800 million, but break even??? I have heard about "Hollywood accounting". Something cryptic is going on. Disney is buying <a lot of> "Fox" studios for 54 billion. Dollars! This is by the accounting breaking even. Profits are going somewhere and very possible that the theater owner is getting a smaller portion.

Back