Movie conversion audio problem

TheBlank

Limp Gawd
Wasn't entirely sure where to place this, so I opted for here seeing as the initial problem began with an audio issue (I believe).

In any case, I regularly convert .mov files to .mpeg1 files for uploading to youtube. My friends and I have great fun with this, and it helps some relatives and close friends keep up to date with me and my daughter.

However, when I reinstalled Ulead Videostudio 10 onto my new machine, and attempted to convert a .mov to ,mpg the video compressed just fine. However the audio went beserk. Nothing but harsh static and garbage.

I tried to convert the file in Adobe Premier... and premier crashed. I tried converting it to a wmv with 360 (used for making files that can be played on 360 or zune) and it also crashed citing a possible memory error.

By this time I figured I had installed so much codec crap that it wasn't worth trying to untie the knot. I have everything very modular anyways, and a reformat isn't a painful experience with how I have things setup. So I reformatted. I get everything updated, all the drivers in place, everything how it was on my old system software-wise... and the problem still occurs.

I'm at a loss here. I just downloaded quicktime pro to see if that will at least allow me to convert my files seeing as it's their filetype, and we'll see how that goes.

I'm wondering if the fact that I have the files stored on a compressed drive is the cause. I thought that might have been the case early on, but moving the files from a compressed NTFS drive to a non compressed drive did nothing to solve the issue. Have the files been irreparably altered?

Any help of suggestions would be appreciated. Thank in advance. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Back