Moveing Win7 OS from HDD to SSD

seancky2

Limp Gawd
I just purchased an OCZ 120GB vertex SSD from a member here, and am trying to plan out how I will go about the switch. Currently, I only have a Win7 Upgrade disc - so in order to use it I would have to have a pre-existing OS installed on the SSD. This is a problem! Is there any way to just make an image of my current OS and move it to the SSD easily? If not, I may have to download a pirated iso of win7 and then just use my legit key (which is my last resort and do NOT want to do!)

Any suggestions?

Also, while I have you here, is there anything special I need to do to Win7 to make the default path to another HDD?

I just purchased an OCZ 120GB vertex SSD from a member here, and am trying to plan out how I will go about the switch. Currently, I only have a Win7 Upgrade disc - so in order to use it I would have to have a pre-existing OS installed on the SSD. This is a problem! Is there any way to just make an image of my current OS and move it to the SSD easily? If not, I may have to download a pirated iso of win7 and then just use my legit key (which is my last resort and do NOT want to do!)

Any suggestions?

There is a work around for this. Use google to find the work around. I used the work around because I didn't want to go back and install XP and then windows 7 again.

I picked up Win7 Pro Upgrade and did a clean install without issue. It is pretty nice.

Back