Moved RECYCLER files from old computer to new PROBLEMS

hevnbnd

Limp Gawd
Ok so I rebuilt my computer and backed up my old drive. Some how though some files got deleted and I found them in the hidden RECYCLER folder on my old computers backup. I thought no problem I will just move them over to the new system. Moved them with no errors however none of the files will open. The mp3's tell me " Th file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that does not match the file format." and none of the exe will install and the txt are all blank when opened. What is causing this and how can i fix it? Thanks for your time.

roffles.
the files in the recycle bin are merely pointers to "deleted" files on the harddrive. since you backed up the harddrive, the deleted files weren't backed up, and your "pointers" now point to nothing.

I was afraid you would say something like that. So there is no way to get the files... Because when I transfed them over the sizes where all right on them...

I was afraid you would say something like that. So there is no way to get the files... Because when I transfed them over the sizes where all right on them...

the sizes listed on what was in the recycle bin? part of the "pointer" information, not whats really on the hard disk.

Back