Move soundcard without problem?

Ihaveworms

Ukfay Ancerkay
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
4,757
In my old rig, I moved (with the power off of course) my Audigy 2 ZS into a different PCI slot. When I booted my machine, the drivers were no longer seeing the card as installed. I ended up having to reformat. I am going to have to move my X-Fi gamer in my current rig to a different PCI slot again. Will I run into the same problem again?
 
Most likely, I recommend uninstalling the dirvers and software for the card prior to swapping pci ports. You should then be able to just reinstall the drivers after the slot swap.
 
What's likely happening is that when you move the card to another slot, the new slot isn't being serviced by the same hardware interrupt and the drivers don't see the card. GORANKAR's suggestion should work.
 
Back
Top