mouser/digikey help

ghat

n00b
hi

I have been searching this on mouser and digikey for the last hour.

You have that cable which comes with the computer case for the front panel which is wired to either the reset button or the power switch or the HDD led or the power LED

it is typically wired on one end to the front panel and then there are the 2 pin header connectors for the board on the other end.

I am looking for similar wire which has the 2pin header connector on both ends and is about 12inch or 18inch long...

Does anyone sell such cable assemblies ?

G

I'm not aware of anyone who sells such a thing. Mouser or digikey will gladly sell you the parts to make such cables--the plastic housing, the metal female connector which goes in the plastic housing, and the wire (although I'd probably just use some Cat 5). But you may be better served by scrounging them out of an old computer case.

Pre-wired and labeled here.

Cool....

I am doing a bit more actually
the board I am using has 4 extra led headers, 2x LAN 1xpower 1xFanOH
and I am using the antec 902v3 case which has front audio connectors (mic and headphone)

I have ripped them out and put bi-color LED's in the front, and am gonna use green for the LAN's and one red for power and another for the OH Fan header...

Initially tried common cathode bi-leds but experiment failed as it seem the board has a common VCC for all the Led's so now I am trying common anode's

Will get it all working tomorrow.

G

Back