Mousepads: How slick is too slick?

krameriffic

2[H]4U
So we all have our mousepad preferences. Some of us like our 5 cent cloth pads, some our glass Icemats and Corepads, some our hard aluminum Steelpads and eXactMats, some our plastic Ratpads and fUncs. Anyway, as I was using my eXactMat tonight, I encountered a phenomenon of physical interaction. After cleaning it earlier today, the surface was without any residue or crap on it. As the layer of sweat between my fingers and wrist developed, the thing turned slicker than ice. I could blow on my G5, at about half of my lung-pressure capacity, and make it move across the pad. As I tried to play CS:S on this ice skating rink, sucking total ass and looking like a noob, I began to ponder the question, how slick is too slick? What do you think?

0 friction is not slick enough, i want the mouse to read my thoughts, not my freaking hand movements

If find the question of "too slick?" to be relative.

"Relative to what?" you say?

Relative to how much tilt your mousing surface has.

Simple test:

Place mouse in center of pad.
Wait 5 minutes.
Check position of mouse.

Is mouse on floor? If so, the pad is too slick. :p

Depends on how heavy the mouse is..a slicker pad/mouse - need a light mouse so the mass doesn't thow off the quick movements where an otherwise heavy mouse tend to keep moving past due to momentum.

I had a glass one for a while, and tried it for 2 months and gave up.

I went back to K-Mart, and bought their 5$ mousepad that has a faux-gel wrist pad. Works incredible. I went back and bought 10 more. I gave them to my friends that recommended high performance pads to me, and they were amazed.

After reading this, I brought out my old fUnc, wow, my wowpad has some wear on it evidently.

Back