Mousepad recommendations?

Gillette

[H]ard|Gawd
I need a new mouse pad... recently got back into FPS games and my old mouse pad is ultra grimy and causes the mouse to stick (and just feels gross).

Any recommendations? Looks for something at LEAST 12"x8" and <$15 CAD. I play with 1.5 sensitivity in CS if that gives you an idea for the need of space.

I'm in Ottawa so ideally something local from either www.pccyber.com or www.canadacomputers.com.

Any/all recommendations are appreciated. I used to have one of those CompUSA 18x20" mousepads and it was the shit but I gave it away to a friend a long time ago and it doesn't look like they exist anymore.... only gripe I had about it was that the mouse didn't move too smoothly over it. Ideally I'd like something like an icemat (super smooth/accurate tracking) but without the huge price tag.

Was looking at this but I'm hesitant to get another cloth pad since they get grimy and wear out relatively quickly.

Also looking at this but the price tag is quite daunting for the size. With the sensitivity I play at I need something about 12" across to accomodate a 180' turn.

The QCK+ looks PERFECT but it doesn't look like it's in stock.

Disclaimer: Don't say "lol just increase your sensitivity", this is what I've been comfortable playing with for years, everyone has their own style.

Last edited:
I love my QCK+ just because of the comfort and it is pretty accurate. Probably perfect for a low sensitivity gamer. I have a ratpadz XT and it's definitely more accurate and the glide is amazing but not as comfortable as the QCK and it's a bit small for me.

It's all about personal preference, tbh.

i like the func pads. they are like 2 part rubber base and reversible surface. it really is all about preference, some seem too slick imo. i tried a func pad that was onsale for 6$ and stuck with them. i just checked their site i use two "func surface 1030"

also they could be used in an office without looking like you are using some toy mouse pad.

I have an allsop raindrop pad I've used forever. It's dying on me though so I've ordered a replacement. I couldn't get the exact same one, so I tried to match best I could. Waiting on shipment.

It's cloth but I haven't noticed any "griminess." Unless you sweat like a beast or something.

I'm very happy with my XTrac Ripper. Doubt its carried local for you though.

It's a cloth pad that comes rolled up in a tube. Very slick, very big, durable.

I had a friend that works at Best Buy get me the Rocketfish branded gaming pad they sell. It's pretty huge and has two surfaces, one smooth, one rougher. With his discount it was like $11.

I got it because the wood grain of my desk was making my new DeathAdder tweak out. I have no idea who the actual manufacturer is but I honestly love the thing o_O

Steelseries cloth pads are amazing. I've been using mine for months and it's been great. As long as you try to keep it clean, it will stay clean.

Now the trick is just finding one locally so I don't have to wait 3 weeks and pay the cost again in shipping... Doesn't look like any of the local shops sell it (if it even sells through retailers normally).

gone through 4 plastic mousepads, ( steelpad 4D, corepad victory, func F30R 17"x11" custom ) i always used hyperglides and tried to keep them clean, still their lifespan is pretty limited even though i don't game as much i used to when i was younger, 4D and corepad victory got useless in less than 2 months, both func's kept going strong for several weeks but after that period they developed a high amount of nasty static friction that made small movements feel sluggish.

Got 2 qpads and a noidpad, they wore out too in less than 3 months of normal usage, most clothpads last 6 months the least but their glide isn't my thing, i want something with the glide of a fresh f30r and the comfortable feel of puretrak talent is that too much to ask ?

I've tried icemat second edition and corepad magna, VERY uncomfortable in comparison to clothpads and their glide was not that great compared to func, my sensitivity is 40cm/360 and i don't want to raise it so the only pad that suit my playing style is F30R, too bad that i've wore out 2 of them already, i would really love to try the ratpadz if they ever develop a bigger version

Anyone tried out qpad heaton ? I've found this review but I can not comprehend a single word, what is this language ? danish ? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9xd95_qpad-heaton-rakaka-labbet-review_videogames

If comfort is key, the SS QcK series is excellent. It comes in numerous sizes and thicknesses.

After using a QcK mini I'll never go back to hard plastic or glass mousepads/mats.

It does get dirty, but is easy to clean with a slightly damp sponge.

Reasonably priced too...

I had a friend that works at Best Buy get me the Rocketfish branded gaming pad they sell. It's pretty huge and has two surfaces, one smooth, one rougher. With his discount it was like $11.

I got it because the wood grain of my desk was making my new DeathAdder tweak out. I have no idea who the actual manufacturer is but I honestly love the thing o_O

I had that one for a couple of weeks. Because it is reversible there are rubber feet on the surface. They are a) in the way and b) prone to start peeling.

It went back.

I talked them down on an open-box Razer Destructor and I'm thrilled. It is rediculously overpriced at regular price, but I got it for only overpriced :)

Heard good things about the Ratpadz XT when I was doing a similar search this winter.

I think the best mousing surface I ever had was a teflon coated cookie pan with the raised edges cut off.

I think the best mousing surface I ever had was a teflon coated cookie pan with the raised edges cut off.

Seriously? Cookie pans are plain and smooth, what the heck does the mouse track?

I'm still using the same mouse that came with my first gen optical mouse (They came with their own mousepads if you guys remember). It's got a really fine dot pattern that even the cheapest optical mouse would have no problem tracking.

Every couple of months, i buy some stiff plastic book wrap (There's one kind i look out for that feels great) for it and it's really smooth, but eventually it roughens up and starts picking up dirt too easily and i have to replace the cover again.

I'm looking into the ones mentioned above, hopefully, the pad i'll eventually get would be durable enough so that i don't have to keep re-wrapping. Unfortunately, i keep coming across comments that the same thing happens to some of the expensive pads. I think one of them is the icemat and how it starts roughing up and catches the dirt too. That would make it no different than the one i'm using now. Only more expensive.

If only they'd let me try them out at the store. Unfortunately, all the high end ones are either in sealed boxes or shrinkwrapped.:(

How long do those things last? If they start losing their feel after only a few weeks, then i guess i should stop here, since i was intending to buy them for the sake of durability.:confused:

Last edited:
So I washed my mousepad.. took off about 15lbs of grime and gross and now it works great again.

Thanks for the advice though!

I use a Razer Goliathus (medium) with my Deathaddr, but I also have a Steelseries QCK (the tiny tiny one) and they both work great.

My brother has a Razer Destructor and likes it, he wish he got the eXactmat though.

As for me, I just ordered a ratpadz, I'll update with my thoughts.

The ratzpads are amazing, I will never buy another mousepad.

No seriously, I wont ever buy another mousepad again, not even another ratzpad. This thing will last a freaking lifetime.

I use a sheet of paper. Well, more accurately, several sheets of paper stapled together. When one starts to wear out I turn the page and use the next sheet :p Its usually old assignments or lecture notes. Its not super slick, but I dont like super slick anyway, I like a bit of resistance to my movements. Mouse tracks smoothly though, so it works well ;)

I'm still on the original func 1030 that I bought about 5yrs ago and it's been a champ. I can't seem to wear this thing down so I can try other mousepads. All I need to do to keep it tracking smoothly is warm soapy water or invisible glass cleaner.

Func 1030 + MX518= awesome

www.ratpadz.com Ratpadz XT.

Made in USA by American citizens from USA produced materials.

If you don't like it, we will buy it back AND pay return shipping.

Back