Mouseover panel

rabbitt

n00b
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Messages
33
I'm trying to figure out how to have a panel appear when you mouseover a link/image/whatever. Basically the panel contains a page that displays information or images.

Here's some examples:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/theme.php?id=9 (mouseover one of the game names).
http://worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/battlegrounds/rewards-alterac.html (mouseover the item images)
http://thottbot.com/?f=w&skill=Axe&...nl=&maxl=&mind=&maxd=&mins=&maxs=&spellboost= (mouseover an image)

I had some code before that would sort of pop it up, but it wouldn't close when you mouseout. It would give me some error of not finding the object with that id or something. If I can find it I'll post it, but if someone has a tutorial or knows how to do it, I would really appreciate the tip.
 
There's a JavaScript library by the name of overlib (I believe this is what Underdogs uses, never checked Thott's code). Very customizable, very compatible. Documentation is a little obtuse, but it includes how to do stuff like popup on mouseover/mouseclick and close on mouseout/mouseclick, etc.
 
Back
Top