Mouse wont stop right clicking

This has got to be the weirdest problem I have come across with computer thus far. I have a Razer Deathadder mouse and lately after a recent reformat my mouse has been randomly right clicking on its own and its becoming a real problem. I bought this mouse at least a year ago (if not longer). My first windows reformat was on October 8, 2010. After i reformatted and did everything I always have done after a reformat (updated drivers like i always did) i noticed the mouse right clicking problem. I then did a second windows reformat today October 18, 2010 and it is still randomly right clicking. The mouse was working fine before the reformat

Now here is the real confusing part. I tried using my razer mouse on a different computer that does not have any razer driver installed, i simply plugged it in and it worked fine. I used the mouse for several hours and it did not randomly right click one time. Now i tired plugging in the same razer mouse back into my computer and it still randomly right clicks even with the latest razer drivers installed or not installed (like the other PC did not have any razer drivers installed). So then I tried a cheap logitech USB mouse, plugged it into my computer and it works just fine, no random right clicks at all after several hours of use.

What I have done so far:
- Reformatted using windows 7 32bit CD (reformatted 2 times, read above for reformat dates)
- Installed the the latest BIOS update
- Installed the latest razer mouse drivers & firmware
- Plugged my mouse into all USB ports (had the problem in all USB ports)
- Updated all windows updates
- Deleted all mouse drivers, restarted PC and re-installed razer drivers
- Installed the CD driver that the mouse came with
- Scanned entire computer for spyware, mailware, and viruses (came back with nothing)
- Enabled USB mouse in BIOS

*None of the above solutions worked.*

Comp specs: - http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VcYT6ymnWq4eHiqmYnIXVuN

I am holding off on buying another mouse because of the fact that it worked on another PC just fine but wont work on mine. Does anyone know what is going on and how I can fix this problem? I am pretty computer savvy but this just has me completely stumped. :(

i notice you did not try the mouse without the drivers. i'd take that step first. reason being I have had tons of problems with mouse drivers and their click behavior, to the point where I don't use them.

Back