mouse "unhooking" from cursor

Light1984

Gawd
ok, hows this for pissing you off. im surfing or installing something or whatever, and my cursor would freeze wherever it was, but i could still click on stuff, only problem is, i obviously didnt know where the mouse was. happened twice tonight. did a fresh install of xp home w/sp2 like 2 hours ago, im running the latest setpoint software on my mx1000. is it just what it is, or is there someway to keep it from happening? thx

Light

i havent experienced that issue w/ my mx1000. the first one i had would do the "jump" that the mx's were notorious for, but i returned it to Best Buy for a different version which fixed the problem. I guess later production runs rectified the situation.

yea, i was guessing it wasnt a logitech problem, more likely a microsoft one.. just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. the more i think about it, i think in both instances it happened with the cpu load around 100, i was installing something i believe. i guess thats it, unless someone could give me a more thourough description

Back