Mouse suggestions for a returning gamer

forkedt

Limp Gawd
I've not played any serious FPS style games in a very long time and recently I've been getting back into them though but my trackball mouse is kind of awkward. I'm not sure how well I'll adjust to picking up and dragging a mouse across the screen again (havent seriously used a non-trackball mouse in 7+ years) though.

So before I just run out and buy one I was hoping for suggestions on what would be a solid mouse for gaming (both FPS and stuff like WoW). Preferably something with a smooth feel and responsive enough that I'm not repeatedly lifting it to get across my screen/dragging it halfway across my table (playing on a 42" LCD at 1900 x 1080 (or thereabouts, cant recall the exact off the top of my head but its slightly customized for my GPU)).

Thanks for the help,
Forkedt

There's a ton of choices out there for you. What you might want to do first it get an idea of what shape of a mouse you would like, and if the number of buttons are important to you. That usually narrows it down a whole lot, besides that you probably want to avoid older laser mice and any of the Phillips twin-eye laser mice, optical is pretty safe for the most part. I would recommend the Zowie EC mouse (1, or 2 if you want smaller), I really like the feel of it and it has no issues what so ever with tracking and whatnot. Others to consider would be the Razer Deathadder, Gigabyte M8000x, Rude Gameware Fierce, Microsoft WMO, IMO, IE 3.0 and so many more. Maybe take a look for yourself and post what you think interests you the most and people can try to narrow down the possibilities for you.

Back