Mouse Sound Feedback

krameriffic

2[H]4U
All right, this is a long story, so I'll begin at the beginning. Earlier today I installed a new Audigy 2 sound card (after removing all the AC97 drivers and disabling it in the BIOS) and the card was bad. About 4 hours of fiddling testing, reinstalling and rebooting and screwing around, it still wouldn't work. No sound, just pure static constantly. After I removed it and all the drivers, and attempted to reinstall my AC97 drivers, the sound quality is not only screwed up now, but there is also a small, annoying and never-before-encountered feedback whenever I move my G5 at all. I have tried reinstalling the mouse, reinstalling sound drivers, chipset drivers, resetting the CMOS, everything I can think of. None of it has worked. Has anybody encountered this before? My system specs are in the signature.

I could really use some input on this from anybody who might have an idea of what's wrong.

It's from the USB port, when you move the mouse, signals are sent along USB. I suggest going back to the Audigy, or using a front USB port.

Mute the mic and line inputs you are not using. Usually gets rid of it.

PigCorpse said:
It's from the USB port, when you move the mouse, signals are sent along USB. I suggest going back to the Audigy, or using a front USB port.

I didn't even think of this. It sounded good, but I still have the problem. I could try the Audigy 2 again, but I'm pretty sure it was a bad card.

Just to let you know your not crazy, my laptop does the same thing. Sometimes I hook the laptop up to the main stereo to listen to music while I'm doing stuff. As a result I have to turn the volume way up on the laptop to get good input on the pre-amp. But at that point the distortion is crazy loud. But I found if I'm clicking something the distortion goes away. So I put something heavy on the trackpad button and the distortion goes away :p Of course the laptop isn't very useable at that point.

But ya, the mouse movement over audio output is not a freak thing. I have heard it on several computers using integrated audio.

westrock2000 said:
Just to let you know your not crazy, my laptop does the same thing. Sometimes I hook the laptop up to the main stereo to listen to music while I'm doing stuff. As a result I have to turn the volume way up on the laptop to get good input on the pre-amp. But at that point the distortion is crazy loud. But I found if I'm clicking something the distortion goes away. So I put something heavy on the trackpad button and the distortion goes away :p Of course the laptop isn't very useable at that point.

But ya, the mouse movement over audio output is not a freak thing. I have heard it on several computers using integrated audio.

It's weird. I never had it before (using the AC97) I tried to install and use that Audigy 2. The card was certainly bad, and I still can't get it to work. I'm going to RMA it and try the new one. I even reformatted, cleared the CMOS and updated the BIOS, none of that changed anything.

Play a song

Go into your volume controls, and mute every single thing that does not stop playback.

Also, get rid of the gray analog cable running from the CD ROM to the sound card.

Worked for me.

mdameron said:
Play a song

Go into your volume controls, and mute every single thing that does not stop playback.

Also, get rid of the gray analog cable running from the CD ROM to the sound card.

Worked for me.

Not using a soundcard right now. No cable attached. In fact, I get the feedback with my headphones plugged in (brand new pair of Sennheiser HD555s) and the onboard sound drivers uninstalled as well as the AC97 sound disabled in my BIOS.

Back