Mouse Scroll Button M6807/M6805

Threader

Limp Gawd
Anyone with an Emachines M6805/M6807 using a wheel mouse able to program the wheel mouse button to do any other than than autoscroll?

I tried both Mouseware which works at first but when you reboot the scroll wheel button just goes back to the default auto scroll. I have to uninstall mouse and re-install it each time or leave my lappy runnning 24/7.

I tried intellipoint drivers from microsoft and they don't do anything at all.

What the hell has Emachines done to prevent programming custom functions on the scroll wheel button?

I am going nuts having to reach for the back button :rolleyes:

Please help :confused:

I use it for opening a link in a new tab in Firebird. Dunno how I programmed it, I think Firebird is just that way.

Originally posted by Threader
Doesn't anyone with an Emachines M6805/6807 use a scroll mouse? :eek:

No, I use the touchpad unless gaming, and then I don't care.

The drivers are most likely interfereing with each other.

Using a Microsoft wireless optical mouse right now without any problems

Using Microsoft Intellipoint drivers that came with it.

...now if only the batteries didnt die so fast on the mouse....

Originally posted by scatpack
Using a Microsoft wireless optical mouse right now without any problems

Using Microsoft Intellipoint drivers that came with it.

...now if only the batteries didnt die so fast on the mouse....

What do you mean without problem? Have you tried to program the MIDDLE SCROLL BUTTON to do any other function other than the auto scroll??

Reboot and see if it retains the new function.

I was unable to program my MX500 to do anything besides the default options....so I'm selling off the 500 and I'll use my 3 button optical mouse from Dell.

I'm not happy about it, but, oh well.

if I don't run the drivers, the mousewheel goes nuts. if I do run the drivers, I lose programming ability on the side buttons.

Reinstall the OS manually. I did and didn't load any of e-machines drivers. I didn't even load mouse drivers. Just using regualr PS/2 drivers for the touch pad. Even scroll works.

Back