Mouse recommendations

Droc

2[H]4U
My second Corsair M65 in 3 years has died. I’m looking for a high end, top end mouse.
I love the M65, but Corsair quality seems to be really, really bad these days and I didn’t keep the receipt.

$200 or less. What’s the best of the best these days?

Here's a vote for the Logitech G502. I've had mine for a few months now and don't want to go back to anything else.

I haven't looked back since getting a Zowie EC1-A a few years ago. Great shape, light weight, and Huano switches (personal preference, but they feel so much better than mushy Omrons.)

Love my Roccat Aimo. I have big hands and a claw grip so it's fantastic. I'm also, starting to really like this cheap Cougar 550M I bought as a backup.

I used this guys website (highly recommended) to figure out my size/grip style and mouse recommendation:

Personally Id go with a razr naga, thing is awesome in almost any game. I love binding to the side keys in fps just with like weapon changes and everything.

The Corsair Scimitar is the best quality mouse I have come across in hardware, software and operation, it puts Steelseries to shame (2 failures caused me to need another mouse).
Mine is 2 years old now and still looks like new, its performance is just what I need.
It tracks on a cloth sofa, perfect for gaming and PC use on a projector in the living room.

The side buttons are extremely good.
The mouse can be lifted without depressing them yet they are easy to press.
The feedback click isnt noisy but at the same time is solid and reassuring.
I dont like hump back mice but this is small enough and well shaped such that it is comfortable.
It reeks of quality and the RGB looks great.

Maybe other Corsair mice have issues (I dont know) but this one is worth a look.

I went through two Corsair Sabres in about a year - I would definitely stay away from those. One of them started double-clicking and the other developed a very sensitive clicker.

Currently using a Deathadder Elite, still working great after ~9 months.

Still rocking my 10+ year old Razer Diamondback Blue Plasma mouse. As far as I'm concerned, the original Razer Diamondback is the greatest mouse ever designed.

I love my logitech g900, I guess the g903 is the latest one. It is optionally wireless, very nice click switches.

I always struggle to find a good mouse, currently using a couple of Corsair glaives, tried the logitech g502 once , worst mouse I ever used.

I still got an old steelseries sensei hanging on my laptop, they are not bad but nothing special, B4 my current one, I used a Logitech G403, pretty basic mouse, not bad but a bit light to my taste.

Supposedly the new Logitech G903 mentioned above is quite good albeit rather expensive which is why I did not get it, rather replace a cheaper mouse if I don't like it.

Also depends on how much buttons you want on your mouse.

I second the logitech g502. It is a fantastic mouse. It runs about $50. If you want something cheaper, the logitech g203 prodigy is my second choice overall.

I just want to say the steel series can be total garbage I once got this diablo edition gaming mouse from steel series it was on sale and I needed something for the kids. So I thought to myself cant go wrong right, its a gaming branded mouse from a company that focused on mice. Well I was wrong apparently steel series didn't have any problem shipping a mouse that had garbage jittery tracking. this is the type of thing I would expect from a $7 Chinese gaming mouse that lies about DPI.

Reactions: Nenu
like this
I just want to say the steel series can be total garbage I once got this diablo edition gaming mouse from steel series it was on sale and I needed something for the kids. So I thought to myself cant go wrong right, its a gaming branded mouse from a company that focused on mice. Well I was wrong apparently steel series didn't have any problem shipping a mouse that had garbage jittery tracking. this is the type of thing I would expect from a $7 Chinese gaming mouse that lies about DPI.
My experience of Steelseries is poor as well.
Support were a pita sorting out a warranty claim for my broken Sensei, they wanted me to ship it to them in Denmark at my cost despite EU rules it was their responsibility.
This was a lot of trouble to sort out and eventually they sent a new boxed Sensei.
It turned out not to be new but another faulty one (the feet had already been peeled back so it had already been opened, they knew it wasnt of merchantable quality).
The buttons failed not too long after I got it, 2 of them were double clicking.
Last Steelseries mouse I will buy or recommend.
The warranty is less than worth nothing, its a protracted waste of time during which you have no mouse.

I favor the Logitech G700(s) - if you can find them. Corded/cordless rechargeable and it's a bigger / heavier mouse with a thumb rest. I have three now. Just picked up a used one from Micro Center a couple of weeks ago when my pos travel mouse died.

Back