• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mouse Question..

abudhu

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
1,653
This may be a stupid question, but how do you clean an Optical Mouse...
Haha.
Specifically the Scroll Wheel. It has gotten to the point, about 4.5 years in the making, when the clicking noise of the wheel is just driving me up the wall. I assume taking it apart and spraying some WD-40 would do the trick, but would like to be sure, and get other opinions...
 
*Bump*

Its for my older comp though. Its an iFeel Logitech Mouse. I see no reason to buy a new one when it works, and I don't use it anymore. Parents use it for surfing the net/paying bills and such. But the sound is SOOO annoying.

Help :(
 
Could just take it apart and loosen the spring that rides inside the wheel, and add a tiny bit of grease inside. (assuming it's the same mechanics as other logitech mice.)
 
I would carefully take it apart and see if there is any odvious problems (ie big ball of lint). if nothing is apperant spray a papertowel with wd40 and carefully wipe it down. try that before doing anything like greasing it up
 
Yeah I took it apart. And HURRAY. It doesn't even make a SOUND. Just glides.

Oh...So sweet. Soooo sweet.

Thanks all.
 
Back
Top