mouse -ps/2 , optical

greygoose

Weaksauce
did a search. found nothing on [H] thus far.

basically i need a gaming mouse. dont wnat to spend like over 40 bucks. already i've gone over my budget on this pc.

i prefer ps/2 over usb. i dont like usb. and i dont think i like optical, but i might be pushing things too far.

just some ideas so i can go out today and get a mouse to game with

thanks

if your going for general gaming and dont wanna break the bank, go get a mx518 the mouse is sex. It is basically logitech's greatest optical mouse before going for the laser engine which still has some problems. I currently own the logitech g7 and i love the thing to death, albeit logitech still has to release a firmware to patch the laser tracking issue with the frictionless mousepads like func.

I too remember being skeptical about optical mice about 4-5 years ago, and tried my luck with a logitech ifeel at first which i thought would be awesome cause of the "gimmick of forcefeedback on a mouse with an optical engine," i must say i was thoroughly disappointed with the tracking on the mouse and was about to give up on the whole optical concepet until logitech released the dual optical.

After reading tons of rave reviews. I bit on the mouse and must say the thing tracked like a demon every flick i did in quake 3 and counter strike would register without the hiccup of the first generation optical mouse i bought from logitech. At first the mouse felt like it didnt glide well at all but once i got used to I be blown away at its precision of the optical over ball mice. Photoshop of all things besides videogaming felt like it had more precision when editing pictures and what not. fastforward 5 years and i've been going through mice like going through video cards, with each new mice there comes better enhancements and little things that makes hand screw for joy when you glide your mouse over a surface.

MX518 for cheap wired fun, or mx700/mx1000/g7 for wireless fun...

mx 518 shall be my sex slave.

mx 518...here i come
do i need to buy a mouse pad for this baby?

thanks [H] folks

i keep seeing people talk about these crazy mouse pads. and they're expensive too not no ordinary mouse. i thought those were for optical mices (mouses, mice.....whatever)

maybe im just going crazy but i saw a mouse pad for like 20 bucks.........what the hell?

Back