mouse problem

markland556

Limp Gawd
im really getting pissed here. Every like 10 min my mouse freezes for like 20sec. The computer is not frozen, just the mouse. Weirdest thing ever. how can i fix this crap?? :confused:

Did you uninstall and reinstall it?
Troubleshoot there first and see where that leads you.

wired or wireless? If wireless, recharge or change out the batteries and reset it

My judgement says it's your computer, not the mouse. (Unless the mouse is old or a ball mouse or something). Have you tried moving your mouse, pressing the windows key a few times, and then moving your mouse again? I am on a really old computer atm, and when it is loading something intensive (like say 75 results on Newegg 100/page), the mouse gets really slow, then when it's done the computer is fine.

I guess ou may have witnessed this during a fps or something where it is quite obvious that everything else is still running at full speed. If it is, then I guess it is your mouse.

You could help us out by actually telling us what mouse you have. Have you tried using a different mouse?

ill try those things, but this is a wired mouse, worked perfect before. Just re-installed windows and this happened. IDK just random times it dies. :mad:

seriously a sticky needs to be made

"DO NOT FORMAT YOUR HARD DRIVE"

formating and reinstall or overwriting a hard drive is the LAST toubleshooting you should do

what id do

1: dust out both female and male connecters
2: check the cord, any slit or fraied wires?
3: how old is it? maybe its no name brand and dying
4: what surface is it on?
5: if you have it in a USB port, try another usb or put on the usb to ps2 and try that
6: if it came with drivers, use them, if you installed drivers, uninstall them
7: go to control pannel, change senstivity, or dragging, ghosting, look under mouse and see if anything looks odd

soulsaver_8229

i never format my harddrive because i needed to save all the files i had. I think uninstalling it, then plugging it back in worked. Thanks. :D

ok well im still haveing the same dam preoblem,i have tried everthing im about to throw this dam computer out the window. It is really starting to piss me off, i cant do anything.... :mad: :mad:

Back