Mouse Mats

themoodude

n00b
I currently use a Mamba on my bare desk and while I have no real issues it does occasionally not respond as well as I'd like. This is probably because the desk isn't just a surface for my mouse- I do tons here including eat.

I've been thinking it might be worth investing in a mouse mat so I can always have a dedicated clean surface for my mouse.

What I wanted to ask is- do you guys actually use mouse mats? If so what would you recommend? I'm not after anything amazing, but nothing terrible that'll turn to mush in a month.

C4 ngen 04. Its a sheet of teflon with a silicone back. Low friction, high durability.

I have one thats 18x36 it pretty much takes up the whole area in front of my display which I love.

XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL

I just use a cheap mouse pad and it works fine? With my razer death adder

I've tried a number of options and I agree the ratpadz xt or steelseries 9hd are the two best I have used.

I've tried a number of options and I agree the ratpadz xt or steelseries 9hd are the two best I have used.

I had bad luck with ratpadz, multiple mice wouldn't track well on the ratpadz, the 9hd is a beautiful mousepad, got that and haven't looked back

This.
http://steelseries.com/products/surfaces/steelseries-qck-plus

It's huge though! I have tried the hard surface pads and am staying away from them forever. Dirt/dust build up and the surface grit fades after time. I had a razer destructor and one of one rocket fish dual sided pads. just got tired of having to clean the surface.

With cloth, the only draw back is my cats made a few snags, but they do not interfere with the mouse like the dirt/dust build up on the hard surface did.

I use a Propus 380 right now. Its ok, but you'll want a wrist rest as the edge is a little sharp.
http://mionix.net/products/propus-380/
Its big
index.php

Mionix Propus 380 is the physical answer to performance, design and innovation. The new developed surface is treated with a special silver-metallic plastic coating. According to test results, this special coating offers optimal tracking conditions and improves the overall performance of the mouse movements. A thin base made of PVC-plastic has been implemented to give the stability from a hard mousepad without compromising the flexibility from a soft mousepad. The backside is made of natural rubber to ensure a steady grip.

Im going to try the new one from corsair soon.

I'm using the Corsair MM400 with a G700s laser mouse. The MM400 is probably the fastest pad you can get right now since they don't make new icemats. I prefer a surface with less friction because my mouse is fairly heavy. It took a day to get used to the speed. I fatigue a bit less using the mat since it requires less effort to move the mouse. The reason I got it is because I was wearing down the varnish on my wood desk, but it is really nice to have a faster surface.

The best mousepad I have ever owned is the Zowie GT-F.

It is somewhat unique in that although it is a cloth pad, the weave is very tight and the result is some sort of hybrid between a cloth pad and a plastic pad. I find the glide on it to be just right — smooth enough so the mouse can easily slide across the surface yet providing enough friction to maintain good control; I tend to find the glide on hard plastic surfaces to be extreme, feeling like being on ice which makes it difficult to stop the mouse with precision.

It's worth checking out in my opinion.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1465624

3 years of work and some gaming. I am not abusive to my stuff but I still get mouse to mats wear out on me in 6 months on average and 3 years with no degradation in usage is awesome.
I finally managed to wear mine out to the point that I'd like a fresh one for my primary mouse pad. The textured surface has been worn down to an almost smooth finish near the center of the mouse pad, and the adhesive keeping the feet attached to the hard resin pad has started to fail.

Still, the above degradation took years. A Ratpadz XT would still be my recommendation as well. They're not indestructible, but they're the toughest mouse pads I've found so far. I just ordered a new one, and the old one will be going to my secondary workstation.

I use a Propus 380 right now. Its ok, but you'll want a wrist rest as the edge is a little sharp.
http://mionix.net/products/propus-380/
Its big
index.php

Mionix Propus 380 is the physical answer to performance, design and innovation. The new developed surface is treated with a special silver-metallic plastic coating. According to test results, this special coating offers optimal tracking conditions and improves the overall performance of the mouse movements. A thin base made of PVC-plastic has been implemented to give the stability from a hard mousepad without compromising the flexibility from a soft mousepad. The backside is made of natural rubber to ensure a steady grip.

Im going to try the new one from corsair soon.

I keep looking at this pad because I'm in love with it, but I really wish they made a smaller version of it.

Has anyone tried the SteelSeries 4HD? I'm looking for a small hard surface pad, but every hard surface pad is either very large or XXL huge. I don't move my mouse a whole lot (high sensitivity), so all that space is a waste for me.

Got fed up with cloth pads, as they are too delicate, and get often too dirty and don't last long, so I went for Corsair MM200. It's perfect. No problems with cleaning it, no problems with build quality. It's big enough to ensure mouse wont fall from the pad. Absolutely best I ever used.

If I ever have to switch, I'll go for MM600 (by the time I was buying 200, 600 was only announced and not yet available in Poland)

Got fed up with cloth pads, as they are too delicate, and get often too dirty and don't last long, so I went for Corsair MM200. It's perfect. No problems with cleaning it, no problems with build quality. It's big enough to ensure mouse wont fall from the pad. Absolutely best I ever used.

I'm confused, you said you were fed up with cloth pads, but then you bought the MM200 which is another cloth pad :confused:

honestly you can goto your local computer store microcenter or frys if you dont have any around try staples. They all have big mouse pads measuring 14 x 18 inches for around 10$ those are great and I use one myself.

Back