Mouse Funky in Firefox?

Rustynuts

[H]F Junkie
My mouse has started acting up in Firefox. Works fine on Hardforum, but other sites once I click on anything, the mouse buttons stop working. I can scoll up/down, but not of the links have the "pointy" finger icon to click on the link. Once I click outside Firefox and back in again, I can then click on a single link and then the mouse stops again!

Weird mouse error, malware, or the corp IT guy screwing with Firefox? The IT demi-gods here at work have sent out emails stating the Firefox is "unsupported" software and may ban it's use. Hosers. I HATE large corp IT groups. I don't even have Admin privileges on my laptop.

Is this a joke post? Cause... I laughed... actually more of a muffled chuckle. Wait... I'm confused... What was the question again? no seriously, is this a joke?

Why would I make this up? Mouse is acting weird in Firefox all the sudden, but works normally in all other applications, including IE. So it shouldn't be a hardware problem. Started doing this about a week after a bunch of us using Firefox got nasty emails asking to justify WHY we had Firefox on our machines. Other than the IT guys somehow screwing with things, has to be a Firefox problem or malware? Anything out there that targets only Firefox?

Weirdness happened just now, even with Hardforum. I had CNN running an another tab, clicked on it and couldn't click on any links. Mouse was still showing and moving ect, just wouldn't work when I clicked on links. Then I couldn't even click back to the hardforum tab. had to click on the task bar into another program, then back into Firefox just to type this paragraph!

Do you use mousegestures? I've had problems where my left click doesnt work, but I'm pretty sure thats its related ot the rocker gestures of Mouse Gestures Redux.

Nope nothing like that, just normal mouse duties. Using a wired USB logitech MX510 mouse on a Dell laptop via docking station. Just a weird and annoying problem trying to do anything online right now in Firefox.

I had a similar issue when installing a nightly build. It put some crazy options in my configuration. Going back to the stable build didnt fix it. Took forever to track down.

Back