Mouse corruption?

Namakan

Gawd
This has started since I got my 5850, its getting quite annoying, I've searched online and I can't really find anything. Anyone else have this or a way to fix other than rebooting the PC?

EDIT: I should mention it only happens on one monitor, but it switches which monitor that is. If its messed up and I move the cursor to the other monitor, it goes away, move it back, comes back.

I took a shot with my camera (look Mommy, pixels!)

dGOvL.jpg

Same here. It's totally random tho and only happens when i have two active monitors. Like yours it gets broken in one monitor and fixed in the other.

The odds of it happening goes up when i switch resolutions often. Like when i'm rotating them between portrait and landscape.

All i can do is upgrade my drivers and pray it doesn't happen while i'm doing something that needs mouse precision (Like re-arranging files and photoshopping)

For me it ONLY happens when I'm playing Starcraft 2 and it occurs randomly, otherwise it has never happened outside of that. No idea why.

Yes this happens to me. welcome to the club.

what was suggested to me. and it worked for me. was to go to the mouse settings in windows
enable mouse trails and then set it to have short trails. it's a work around. that worked for me

I've heard some people suggest that upgrading your MOTHERBOARD's BIOS can help fix the issue, though I haven't tried it myself. This also apparently only happens to people with 2+ monitors.

There's a thread on ATI support forums that's months and months old about this problem, found here:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=122476

Yeah and it was also said that it was It is an issue that is being investigated. but I have not seen it in there "Known issues" in the release notes for new drivers .

5870 here. I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard. I run a single monitor setup and I have had this happen to me a couple of times. Thus far it has only happened when I play Fallout 3 and the game shits its pants and crashes because of too many conflicting mods running... lol. Still, it's pretty rare for it to happen even then. It happens randomly and fixes itself randomly. After firing the game up again it seems to fix itself. Odd.

Back