Mouse Buttons

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
i just got a new kensington pilotmouse optical pro mouse and the 2 buttons on the side (forwards and backwards) are switched. the typical forward is backward and vice versa.

where do i go to change these settings? ive looked through the entire mouse section in control panel but i couldnt find anything. i dont want to install the drivers because they include a stupid crap prog thats gonna screw me up in games.

so where is the option to change the different buttons?

you may want to extract the drivers from the exe. That way you can just use the drivers and not install the proggy.

Just make sure you have WinRar, right click on the self-extracting exe (which it is in this case), select "Extract files here", and your XP drivers will be in the Win2k folder (same drivers). Now you can go to Hardware Manager and select the inf in the Win2k folder as the new driver for the mouse. No creepy programs to install.

I just did it on my PC (just for test, I'm a Logitech man all the way).

the problem is i believe that the drivers include this 'feature' builtin. ill give it a try, but i doubt itll work.

i just installed the drivers and i still cant change the buttons. to my knowledge it didnt install anything extra, so i think that im safe.
id just really like to change the buttons cause it can be annoying to have to press the forward button to go back.

Back