Mouse acting crazy in Fedora

MadGeek451

Limp Gawd
Okay, so I'm running Fedora, and sometimes (often) when I come out of a screensaver, the mouse completely freaks out... almost impossible to control, random clicks, and it keeps snapping to the bottom left corner. I figured it may have been something related to Fedora as it's a fresh install and, well, it's new, so... I popped in the RH 9 install disc, got to about the third screen, and let it sit for about an hour... when I came back I had about the same problem.

I also have XP installed on another HD on the same machine, never had any trouble with it.

I realize this probably isn't enough information, or even the right kind, but I'm new to Linux... tell me what you need to know and I'll tell you all I can.

Any help appreciated.

Your mouse is haunted by the evil spirit of the infamous pirate, wood legged fedora.

next time you come out of your screensaver, restart the X environment by pressing control+alt+backspace . that should bring you back to a login prompt.
restarting X might clear out any shennigans the screensaver envoked.

this wouldn't fix the cause of the problem, but may help the symptoms.

does this happen with any screensaver? or just a few of a particular type? i'm no guru, but maybe there's a plan b.

At the moment it's hooked up to a KVM, and it sometimes happens switching between boxes... sometimes. So, it's not just the screensaver... seems like an X deal, because the reset worked, but, why should the KVM have anything to do with X?

Back