• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mounting solutions / Custom VESA mounts

FrozenLiquidity

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
1,588
I have a workstation that is set up to be used with exercise equipment, but I'm struggling with finding a proper way to provide a monitor for the workstation. Previously it was residing on a shelf which was about eye level when using the equipment - but after moving recently I'm looking for a new way in which to mount this. I'm looking for something tall, something which has at least some mobility (ie, not wall or ceiling mounted) and provides visibility to someone who is going to have their eye level be at least 75" from the floor.

I have plenty of displays available for this, and don't mind having one at a precarious height for this purpose, but I have been unable to find many suitable solutions for this situation. I've looked at stands for a 37" HD TV that might do the trick, but that's far more of an expensive solution than I'd prefer. Ideally, a 22" to 24" inch on a tall stand would do the trick. I've found something that I think would work (http://www.markertek.com/Digital-Vi...ounts/Delvcam-Monitor-Systems/DELV-LCD1.xhtml). The problem with this is that there's no tilt, so it would be impossible to angle the monitor at the necessary angle. This would be overcome if I could find a mounting bracket that had a tilt feature and was compatible with VESA on either side, but despite my searches, I have been unable to find such a device. Does anyone know if these exist, or have some workarounds that may work?

I've considered also mounting an arm to the equipment itself, as there's a good place to mount one near the top front of the unit. The problem with this is that I believe the motion of the unit will make this a no-go because the screen will shake along with the unit while it is in use - and that's simply not going to work for computing purposes. I can't see any way around this issue currently.

I'm open to other ideas and possibilities that anyone has, or if anyone knows of some equipment that might do the trick - I'd appreciate any helpful input, thanks! :)
 
I have a workstation that is set up to be used with exercise equipment, but I'm struggling with finding a proper way to provide a monitor for the workstation. Previously it was residing on a shelf which was about eye level when using the equipment - but after moving recently I'm looking for a new way in which to mount this. I'm looking for something tall, something which has at least some mobility (ie, not wall or ceiling mounted) and provides visibility to someone who is going to have their eye level be at least 75" from the floor.

I have plenty of displays available for this, and don't mind having one at a precarious height for this purpose, but I have been unable to find many suitable solutions for this situation. I've looked at stands for a 37" HD TV that might do the trick, but that's far more of an expensive solution than I'd prefer. Ideally, a 22" to 24" inch on a tall stand would do the trick. I've found something that I think would work (http://www.markertek.com/Digital-Vi...ounts/Delvcam-Monitor-Systems/DELV-LCD1.xhtml). The problem with this is that there's no tilt, so it would be impossible to angle the monitor at the necessary angle. This would be overcome if I could find a mounting bracket that had a tilt feature and was compatible with VESA on either side, but despite my searches, I have been unable to find such a device. Does anyone know if these exist, or have some workarounds that may work?

I've considered also mounting an arm to the equipment itself, as there's a good place to mount one near the top front of the unit. The problem with this is that I believe the motion of the unit will make this a no-go because the screen will shake along with the unit while it is in use - and that's simply not going to work for computing purposes. I can't see any way around this issue currently.

I'm open to other ideas and possibilities that anyone has, or if anyone knows of some equipment that might do the trick - I'd appreciate any helpful input, thanks! :)

You could try mounting a regular arm to a camera tripod or a painting easel. Or maybe even just lay the monitor on an easel. There are some pretty heavy duty and adjustable easels out there.
You might be able to find a saw horse tall enough to put a monitor army on. They aren't hard to build if that is an option.
 
Back
Top