• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

mounting D-tek Fuzion

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
1,623
I have a question for the people with a D-tek Fuzion like myself. People are saying to me that my temps are not what they should be for my setup. If its about 72 F inside I get about mid to high 30's C idle and about mid 50's C load using orthos. I have my e6600 at 3.6ghz (400 x 9) @ 1.47875v on evga 680i mobo. I have tried remounting my block countless times and hasn't helped so I figured it wasn't my block mount. I just figured I may have higher temps because of my higher voltage to get to 3.6ghz and maybe I just have a chip that runs hotter than normal or something. Everytime I mounted the block I followed the directions to screw down the thumb nuts until they just compress the springs and then using half turns each time, turn the nuts in an x pattern until you get 3 full turns on each nut. Can anybody else with this block tell me if they had any better results using less/more pressure using fewer/more turns of the nuts? How much AS5 did you use and did you pre spread it or just use the rice blob in the middle of the cpu? Is this even my problem? Is the problem some where else? Do I need higher cfm fans or are my temps about right for this high of an overclock with the voltage I used?

My setup:

D-tek Fuzion block
MCR220 rad w/ 2 yate loon 48cfm
mcp655 pump
dual 5.25 bay res
7/16" tubing
2 bottles of swiftech hyrx (ended up using about 2L H20 in loop)
 
Your temps seem about right given your equipment. However, don't just use 3 complete turns. Keep tightening until the plastic washers prevent you from going any further.
 
Your temps seem about right given your equipment. However, don't just use 3 complete turns. Keep tightening until the plastic washers prevent you from going any further.

Have you had a D-tek fuzion before? Is that what you did? I'll have to try that.
 
I have 2 actually. I just replaced my main comp in my sig with a GTX. But yes, I do.
 
I have 2 actually. I just replaced my main comp in my sig with a GTX. But yes, I do.

cranking the springs down that far kinda scares me putting that much pressure on the cpu, but if you say its fine then I'll try it. It seems like you have more experience with water cooling than me.
 
Your temps seem fine. I also have the Fuzion. I'm running my e6600 @ 3.2 at 1.28v and I idle between 25-30C and under load between 40-45 at ambient 70F.
 
cranking the springs down that far kinda scares me putting that much pressure on the cpu, but if you say its fine then I'll try it. It seems like you have more experience with water cooling than me.

Trust me, if you installed the washers, you can crank it down that far. I don't even use springs/washes myself and I just hard mount it. You can put a lot of pressure on the IHS as long as you don't crack it.
 
You might also think of installing a back plate on the MoBo when really cranking down on the block............:eek: There's different opinions on if it hepls performance or not, but a back plate will keep the board from bowing and cranking if you apply to much force to the block.
 
You might also think of installing a back plate on the MoBo when really cranking down on the block............:eek: There's different opinions on if it hepls performance or not, but a back plate will keep the board from bowing and cranking if you apply to much force to the block.

I agree. I use third party back plates. The best one is the Thermalright backplate. You can purchase one for 5$ at most places. This will let you torque things down without worrying about bowing your motherboard too much.
 
+1 on your temps looking ok. 75F with low 40's idle and high 50's Orthos. Hot 'B' chip and an 8800 in the loop with 7 volt fans though, specs in sig. My rads get rather warm loaded with the 7 volt'ed fans (I want quiet).
 
Back
Top