Alright, Ive tried searching but I havent really found anything helpful.
I have an AMD 64 3400+ cpu and I want to use a CompuNurse to monitor the temps. My mother board (MSI K8T neo2) doesnt always gives me reliable readings (some times it reads in the 30Cs (probably good) and other times it reads 11C! on air!
So I tried putting the temp probe on the side of the heat spreader and that doesnt seem to be too accurate. From idle to full load, the temp only increased maybe 2-3 degrees, while the temp read out from the motherboard it self increased as normal.
I dont want to remove the heat spreader on the cpu because it seems that the core is fragile without it. I dont think I can put the probe between the cpu and heatsink either because it is one large flat surface (vs. the older AMD XPs)
So does any one have any ideas of how I could use the temp probe more accurately? Thanks in advance
I have an AMD 64 3400+ cpu and I want to use a CompuNurse to monitor the temps. My mother board (MSI K8T neo2) doesnt always gives me reliable readings (some times it reads in the 30Cs (probably good) and other times it reads 11C! on air!
So I tried putting the temp probe on the side of the heat spreader and that doesnt seem to be too accurate. From idle to full load, the temp only increased maybe 2-3 degrees, while the temp read out from the motherboard it self increased as normal.
I dont want to remove the heat spreader on the cpu because it seems that the core is fragile without it. I dont think I can put the probe between the cpu and heatsink either because it is one large flat surface (vs. the older AMD XPs)
So does any one have any ideas of how I could use the temp probe more accurately? Thanks in advance