Mounting a TV and hiding those cables

I just recently mounted a 42" Samsung in my bedroom and I want to hide the cables.

I've seen a few people on here do it but I'm not sure how to myself.

I've read online here and there that putting the AC wire through the wall is against fire code so how do you get around that?

Here's what I'm looking like

The outlets are behind the TV stand on the floor.

o52sl0.png

mono price has kits that are similar and just as functional for cheaper. The powerbridge is a nice product.

The powerbridge solutions are way too expensive for something that's simple (and cheap) as hell to do.

An 'old work' junction box (the kind that have 'ears' to attach to sheetrock), a few feet of Romex cable, a standard electrical outlet, and an outlet cover is all you need to run a new hidden power outlet for the TV. Costs all of $10 and probably less, actually.

You can run HDMI and other video cables through the wall the same way - using 'old work' boxes and appropriate cover plates.

If you're dong a flat mount then there might not be enough clearance for the AC cord with a flush mount outlet. It really depends on what mounting bracket he's using.

If you're dong a flat mount then there might not be enough clearance for the AC cord with a flush mount outlet. It really depends on what mounting bracket he's using.
Yea I am using a flat low profile mount - but I am tilting it all the way down - so I guess if I put the box high enough I would have clearance.

Any good places for buying just straight Romex cable?

I used a recessed clock outlet hooked into a section of romex then down to an outdoor reverse plug. This is then plugged into a power strip via a 6" grounded patch plug.
Simulated the prepackaged solutions and cost around $15 I think.

The clock outlet and reverse plug I got at a local electric parts store.

When the TV power cord (or other devices I need attached behind the TV) are bulky, I just use a power cord liberator that has a flat connection (think dongle from the wall outlet) and then connect the TV power to that. Though most newer TV's have a flat(er) power cord so it's not really needed except for older TV's...

Back