Mounting a 3x120 Rad in a Stacker

Demon_of_The_Fall

Limp Gawd
Hey,

Im going to be getting a CM Stacker soon and mounting a 3x120 Rad in there. Wondering has anyone done this before and what exactly would I have to do ? I'm thinking of hanging it at the top, with the fans exhausting like so :

---------------------- <-----Case
[-----][------][-----] <-----Fans
[--------------------] <-----Rad

Would I just thread really long screws threw the fan mounts on the rad then drill through that case and put a nut on the top? I think I'll use an aquacomputer 3x120 grill since they look pretty spiffy.

Anyone got any advice on whether this will work? Thanks a lot :D

I've got a similar setup on the top of my PC-75b w/ a Thermochill 120.3

I mounted the fans to the radiator's included mounts, and then just used regular fans screws to hold the whole thing on to the top of the case. But your way with a long screw would probably be better, as there would be less stress on the fans. Not to say it's unstable at all; it's survived trips in the back of my truck to LANs in Seattle :p
Also, if you haven't cut the holes yet, use a holesaw and make sure everything lines up, else you'll be doing some modding to get the fans to line up right

Sounds like a good way to do it to me, although I would personally put the nuts on the inside of the case, meaning you can use a nice looking hex head screw or similar on the outside.

Back