Mount Directory As DVD?

From the [G]rave

[H]ard|Gawd
i want to be able to mound a HD directory as a DVD drive.

daemon tools only mounts iso files.

my computer is struggling to install UT 2k4 from the DVD, throwing errors about not being able to read, so i copied the entire thing to the HD and want to be able to install it from there

You can rip the image of the DVD and mount that using Daemon Tools. I don't think copying the files works. However, in my experience, ripping a CD/DVD with errors produces an image with errors.

the CD doesn't have errors
it's something f'd up w/ my computer.
i copied the entire thing and tried installing it from there, it worked, until it said it couldn't read for source material. it stops on a different file every time

i'm just giving up on the game for now

Alchohol 120% may be able to do what you need. I had a ripped dvd on my computer as an iso, and was able to turn it into a dvd virtual drive. This would probably work for you as well.

-K

I would look at the multiple image formats Alcohol 120 supports and figure out if any of them (most likely the one of the 2-file image formats) support files in a direcotry.

Another thing to try would be to share the folder you are looking at then mount a network drive on that share.

If you are really desperate, and have another computer with a known working DVD drive on the network, you can share the DVD Drive and install from there..

Back