Mount & Blade Expansion?

Any one know if there’s a Mount & Blade Expansion due soon? This was such an awesome bargain box find of a game. I can't view their site from work at the moment, stupid "Game Media" blocking, grrrr!

I really hope it comes out soon.. I stopped playing as soon as I heard they aren't going to fix the AI until the new game..

(Tower sieging may actually work now?!?1 YEAH!!).

Still anyone reading this thread that has not heard of it.. go buy it NOW, the best hack'n slash strategy, medieval RPG/sim thing out there. Remember to read the forums and get all the cool mods and stuff.

I bought the game for $7 on steam and I must have put 120 hours in it in 3 months.. lol.. such an awesome game.

Here is my wishlist for the expansion:
Better music
Better sound effects
Much better AI
Storyline
Better graphics
Fix the aim reticle (way off in third person)
Fix it so if you shoot a guy with an arrow that it doesn't pass through him and hit the shielded guy behind him. Same applies to arrows simply passing through an enemy's legs
Better sieges (what army sets up measly one ladder when sieging a castle?)
Have it so the player doesn't get pushed off from his fellow soldiers. Same for getting trapped by being surrounded by fellow soldiers
Fix enemies/allies getting stuck inside the castle walls where the AI can't get to them, thus leading to a forced retreat/surrender from the player
Relates to AI, but fix AI archers shooting the castle wall again and again when defending the castle
Map expansion

I likely have more, but this is all I can come up with for now. :)

Here is my wishlist for the expansion:
Better music
Better sound effects
Much better AI
Storyline
Better graphics
Fix the aim reticle (way off in third person)
Fix it so if you shoot a guy with an arrow that it doesn't pass through him and hit the shielded guy behind him. Same applies to arrows simply passing through an enemy's legs
Better sieges (what army sets up measly one ladder when sieging a castle?)
Have it so the player doesn't get pushed off from his fellow soldiers. Same for getting trapped by being surrounded by fellow soldiers
Fix enemies/allies getting stuck inside the castle walls where the AI can't get to them, thus leading to a forced retreat/surrender from the player
Relates to AI, but fix AI archers shooting the castle wall again and again when defending the castle
Map expansion
It will be called ... Mount and Blade 2: More mounts, more blades!

Storyline? Mount and Blade, don't be silly man.

Oh and ye the A.I drove me up the wall, well the cavalry did.

Still fantastic game, loved 200 people battles.

Oh and regards bug fixes, travelling across the map and your character not randonly changing direction would be good, if i click somewhere I expect them to take a straight line, nowhere else.

Storyline? Mount and Blade, don't be silly man.

Oh and ye the A.I drove me up the wall, well the cavalry did.

Still fantastic game, loved 200 people battles.

Oh and regards bug fixes, travelling across the map and your character not randonly changing direction would be good, if i click somewhere I expect them to take a straight line, nowhere else.

Actually, I also don't care that much about a storyline. I added it as I read that there will be one in the expansion.

Hehe, the traveling annoyance is definitely something I would like fixed too. As of now I have to keep clicking short distances so my character doesn't run off in some direction that will take twice as long to arrive at my location.

And only 200 people battles? :p

Wasn't the expansion supposed to be multiplayer or something?

EDIT: Nvm clicked the link. lol
Sounds great. I'll definitely be checking it out when it's released.

I love doing the battle resizer and getting 500+ battles. It crashes when I seige somewhere with that large, but open field battles are AWESOME when that large. Seems over 300 for a seige and it crashes unless you remove bodies (And who wants that?! I like seeing a massive pile of death at the top of the ladder :p )

For the guy going off in strange directions on the map screen - If you notice, the player follows the terrain. He wont go over a hill if its just as easy to go around it. I've also not really had problems with him heading the wrong way, but I dont pay that much attention :p

Battle AI really needs an improvement, so I cant wait to see what they do with it. I would love to have more formation options, too. Maybe allow to group them up and then order groups around. So you can have a solid wall of 100 guys, and two groups for 25 that you set off to the front side behind some hills. When the enemy hits your main wall of guys, you order the two side groups to move in behind them and box 'em in. That would be so awesome..

Yeah, more tactical options would be great. I mentioned this a few months ago in another thread, but I would like to also be able to have the choice to set up my castle formations. As well as a better minimap (a shaded black square is really not much of a help). Mount&Blade could've been much more involving concerning tactics than what its current state offers.

Some more wishes:
Being able to have an unlimited amount of different troops (the developer only assigned a very small amount of space for the troop list so that is why there is a limitation)
Better collision boxes on buildings/trees/etc

Last edited:
Definitely one of my favorite games. When Warband comes out I will love to fight in Multi player battles. Even a 1 on 1 dual with another human player would be interesting. Plus it looks like they are really improving the graphics and trying to improve physics and AI.

Back