MotorStorm V1.2 *kinda soon*

Baker

2[H]4U
Source

Well I'm glade that this first update isn't going to cost me anything. Seems like some pretty cool features are being added. I really do like how you can download (I think I read that right) other ghosts to maybe see how they got such a good time on the track :)

For its next official patch, slated to release on June 7, the game will add a brand new Time Attack mode that allows users to race against their own ghost in an effort to best their most efficient times.

As an added bonus, the fastest ghosts will automatically be uploaded to the global leaderboards so that others can compete against them. Additionally, phantom opponents aren't limited to just one -- in total players can race against seven different specters in a single race; these ghosts include ones made by the user, the previously-mentioned "best time" ghosts, or special developer-made "Evolution Ghosts" made up of a range of different skill levels.

Game List Improvement

• "Game Status" is now displayed with the game list in the online lobby making it easier to find a session where you'll be able to join and race promptly.

• Host Identification
    Within the game lobby the host is now clearly identified by a 'host' icon visible to all players and updated during host migration.

• Boost Exploit Fix
    A bug involving the boost system that allowed a player to use boost in an exploitative manner has been resolved.

• Buddy List Size
    This has been updated to support up to 50 friends.

• Text Cut-off fix for SD
    When playing in standard definition, all messages will now display as intended.

• Improved Stability Online
    Online gameplay stability has been improved.
    Just how fast can you go?

• Audio Fix
    All known issues with 5.1 / 7.1 surround have been fixed. Audio issues within the front-end have been resolved.

• Player Ranking Reset
    Players were found to be ranked incorrectly due to a bug. Because of this all online rankings will be reset and the ranking system should now function correctly (Evolution and Sony apologies for this measure but it will result in a fairer and more stable system).

• Auto-Start
    Races will be forced to start after a fixed countdown which should dramatically reduce the waiting times in lobbies. Hosts may delay this countdown up to three times.

• Save Data Corruption
    When quitting the game using the PS button it was possible to corrupt the save game data. This will no longer occur.

• Lobby Information
    Upcoming track and current lap details will be displayed in lobbies.

• Vehicle Damage Reset
    When restarting a single-player race during a death camera the damage wasn't always reset at the start of the next race. This has now been resolved.

• Missing Audio
    Audio effects were missing from the death camera, these have now been reinstated.

• Name Tag Toggle
    Added ability to switch the player name tags on / off during online races using a single button press (L1).

To install the update, players simply need load the MotorStorm Blu-ray disc, select "online" and install the prompted update.

I know you call it an update... but other than the ghost cars isn't that just a bunch of bug fixes? :confused:

I went back and underlined everything that looked to be a "bug fix". ;)

Back in the old timey pc gaming days we called that a "patch".....fixing things that never should have been allowed to make it into the final game.;)

Back