Motorstorm thoughts

The18thLetter

[H]ard|Gawd
First off, I really, really suck at this game. I keep coming in at 8th place and the like. :(
Second, it's not nearly "leaps and bounds" better than the demo (visually). At least, not on my TV (SD :().
Third, it is pretty addictive... but, I'm contemplating whether it was a better decision to get this than Homecourt now...

Your thoughts?

I got homecourt, its cool but for me the only sports game ever worth playing is Winning Eleven.

I have motorstorm also, I think the graphics may be a bit better but from what I have seen the most significant improvement from the demo is the framerate. Doesn't seem choppy at all from what I have played unlike the demo.

I played the demo, hella fun. I came in like 3rd or something using the little dune buggy.

I didn't understand the nitro at first.. I kept wondering why I blew up suddenly out of nowhere. Then I realized that the damn nitro gets too high and blows up! Cool feature.

If you have a few friends with PS3s and mics, get this game. It's a lot more fun if you team up on random online players or just mess around on the maps. Single player is way tedious though... Oh and i like the mud effects... a lot.

so far i like it. And ya it's hard :)

I like how there are a couple of different routes on the track and better suited for different vehicles.

How the hell did they sneak Digital Crack into my PS3..Online play is super addictive and yes single player is a little testy but not impossible once you get the hang of it..SWEEET!

I only played 1 game online last night, spent about 4 hours on the singleplayer part and I have to say I really like it. The graphics are quite amazing in some area's with the lighting and mud effects and how terrain morphs is pretty crazy. Its reminds of ATV offroad fury when you play with the 4wheeler.
I wish would get a [H] league started, that would be sweet:cool:

I didnt reserve it, and my eb was sold out of non-preorders when i went yesterday, so heres hoping to finding a copy today.

I am one who suffers from the 720-->480p, but that wont stop me from getting this game.

Demo still looked damned good.

I played it for a while last night and a few online games and it is really cool. Sony needs to start shipping the damn ps3s with mics cause it sucks not hearing people talk.

I got it last night. I'm loving it thus far, but I only played an hour or so. The graphics are amazing, especially the cinemas and flybys. A lot of the terrain actually looks like a photograph.
Yup, it's hard. I've managed to get 1st place on the first 2 races, but each took me a couple tries. I think the trick is getting used to using the brake vs. e-brake. Some corners really benefit from the e-brake (combined with boost to keep your speed up) while others do better with the normal brake.

DUDE I LOVE THIS GAME!!

My Westy 1080p loves it also..the graphics are great!

Xbox360 > Haven't turned on in like 2 weeks, because gears of war got old, and no other games is making me enjoy it enough to turn it on again...

Wii > Wii Sports...Only game I would put in more then once, so I sold it.

PS3 > Motorstorm is now my new addiction...hopefully this will last more then a couple weeks. Plus I am excited about Home, and they said a possible public beta next month? PS3 Hasn't been turned on more then 3 times since November when I got it...now it seems like it is going to be the one on almost all the time..

DUDE I LOVE THIS GAME!!

My Westy 1080p loves it also..the graphics are great!

Xbox360 > Haven't turned on in like 2 weeks, because gears of war got old, and no other games is making me enjoy it enough to turn it on again...

Wii > Wii Sports...Only game I would put in more then once, so I sold it.

PS3 > Motorstorm is now my new addiction...hopefully this will last more then a couple weeks. Plus I am excited about Home, and they said a possible public beta next month? PS3 Hasn't been turned on more then 3 times since November when I got it...now it seems like it is going to be the one on almost all the time..

See, this is what I like to hear. No hate, just use whatever console has it going on. :)

Going to check out the demo tomorrow, hope it is as good as you guys say!

See, this is what I like to hear. No hate, just use whatever console has it going on. :)

Going to check out the demo tomorrow, hope it is as good as you guys say!

The demo is killer. Actually, that demo level is one of the better ones, although it's smaller. The first track in the full game is MASSIVE. It's set-up so that you can literally take about 15 different routes through the course...per lap. Unless you know that course in and out, I can't see being able to duplicate a lap very easily.

The demo is killer. Actually, that demo level is one of the better ones, although it's smaller. The first track in the full game is MASSIVE. It's set-up so that you can literally take about 15 different routes through the course...per lap. Unless you know that course in and out, I can't see being able to duplicate a lap very easily.

I don't have a ps3, but my buddy does. I'm actually glad to hear the tracks are bigger and more varied. One thing I didn't like about the demo track was that it seemed easy to get stuck/fall off a LOT, and it was so hilly that it actually made it very hard to place well. I'd get frustrated if they were all like that.

I think the game could be a lot of fun, so I'm hoping he'll get it and I get a chance to play it. The one thing that sticks out for me though is the jaggies- it's such a pretty game and I wish the PS3 would have had the ability to do AA like the 360 does natively.

I don't have a ps3, but my buddy does. I'm actually glad to hear the tracks are bigger and more varied. One thing I didn't like about the demo track was that it seemed easy to get stuck/fall off a LOT, and it was so hilly that it actually made it very hard to place well. I'd get frustrated if they were all like that.

I think the game could be a lot of fun, so I'm hoping he'll get it and I get a chance to play it. The one thing that sticks out for me though is the jaggies- it's such a pretty game and I wish the PS3 would have had the ability to do AA like the 360 does natively.

Those jaggies are a thing of the past. I don't notice any in the full version. The demo was plagued with them because it was such an early build.

Got it today after work, first track took me a few tries to get 1st on, i suck with the buggys i had to use a Truck :D

So far great game, havnt tried online yet

Were the sixaxis controls polished at all or is it still the same as in the demo.

Were the sixaxis controls polished at all or is it still the same as in the demo.
I can't tell the difference, but then again I suck at using the motion controls. (I couldn't use them in the demo, and I can't use them now.)

I pre released it, awesome game, excellent graphics, what's fun is how every race is not predictive, AI can be punishing at some times, the music rocks. I went over to my friends house he has a 40inch lcd, it looks so awesome. Online is really fun and addictive.

Back