Motorstorm not living up to it's expectations?

It was always 720p and 30fps. It was a fuck up by CES execs saying something its not. But Motorstorm has always been 720p 30fps. Since E3 06, TGS, the japanese version, and the Demo out now.

I remember from multiple articles also that it was running 720p and 30fps, however I always assumed it was going to be upped to the rumoured 1080p and 60fp as the game development progressed.

yes your right it is old! everyones been playing the demos/full game for a while now!

I remember from multiple articles also that it was running 720p and 30fps, however I always assumed it was going to be upped to the rumoured 1080p and 60fp as the game development progressed.

The graphics got better as the game progressed (compare e3 06 screens to gamers day screens), even the frame rate improved, but never the resolution.

Europe launch seems to be pointing to march unlike the rumors of it being pushed back even further. Sony is supposedly going to announce a specific date before the end of this month.

SARCASM ALERT!

Thats because they cant sell the PS3's in the US or Japan cause everyone wants a Wii60. The sooner they can unload all of these on the Europeans the better Sony believes. ;)

(sorry I couldn't resist)

SARCASM ALERT!

Thats because they cant sell the PS3's in the US or Japan cause everyone wants a Wii60. The sooner they can unload all of these on the Europeans the better Sony believes. ;)

(sorry I couldn't resist)

March has been hinted at before PS3 even launched in NA/JP.

Anyone who has played both will tell you that Excite Truck for Wii is a much more fun game.

Anyone who has played both will tell you that Excite Truck for Wii is a much more fun game.

I've heard quite the opposite. Besides, what does that have to do with this thread other than derailing?

Ok, i played both, i own excite truck, and yeah it is crazy fun. But Motorstorm is a diff type of game and there is nothing quite like playing it on a big screen. Even just playing the demo I think id take it over excite truck if i had to choose.

Typical anti-sony derail attempt tho like previous reply states, why cant these people just keep out if they really dont care?

30fps is dissapointing for any racer, in my opinion, but I can understand why. It's a first-gen title, with some pretty sweet graphics, so it's to be expected. Unfortunately I haven't played the game yet. The one time I saw it running on a kiosk it had actually froze, right as a vehicle was about to get some air, and you were left with a nice looking screenshot of the game, and nothing else.

Now, with that said, I wonder how long it'll be until we get the 1080p, 120 fps games Ken Kutaragi talked about ;)

Although the visuals are nice I think the key features of the game focus on physics and AI, but like others have stated, there is a noticeable difference between 30fps and 60fps specifically in racing games. Maybe they should of held it off a bit longer?

I dont know if it was just the demo build that I got to play or if it was just really that slow. It may be displaying 30fps but It feels like its only rendering 20 changes per second. :eek: Looked a bit better than flatout2 though if thats saying any thing.

Seeing as the major selling point of the PS3, according to Sony, was the fact that it would run in 1080p. Now the Xbox360 has matched that, although no games that I am aware of actually run at 1080p, just the HD-DVD movies.

Do any of the PS3 games run at 1080p? It is disappointing that companies can't even get their specifications right.

Do any of the PS3 games run at 1080p?
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
NBA 2k7
Ridge Racer 7
NBA 07
GTHD Concept
Pretty much most of the downloadables (blast factor, tekken, cash guns chaos, flOw, Calling all Cars, etc)
Virtua Tennis 3
Lair
Virtua Fighter 5

HD is new concept for gaming, so the mistake isn't a surprise but certainly a disappointment to many with high-end televisions.

WTF? That just doesn't come off right.

The xbox would run 720p and 1080i on some games. Some ps2 games did 1080i. Gran Turismo 4 for the ps2 was 1080i if I remember.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
NBA 2k7
Ridge Racer 7
NBA 07
GTHD Concept
Pretty much most of the downloadables (blast factor, tekken, cash guns chaos, flOw, Calling all Cars, etc)
NBA 07
Virtua Tennis 3
NBA 07
Lair
Virtua Fighter 5

Why did you say Nba 07 3 times is that because the NBA 07 box has on the front in BIG BOLD LETTERS "1080P"?

Virtua Fighter 5 will be running at 720p, not 1080p. If you don't believe me:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/virtuafighter5/news.html?sid=6149349

That was back in May, correct?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/753/753530p1.html
vf5-in-1080p-20070108105528808-000.jpg

I guess we will find out in a month.

A bit like PGR3 then which isnt even true 720p at 30fps, its upscaled to 720p etc i think, i may be wrong though.

A bit like PGR3 then which isnt even true 720p at 30fps, its upscaled to 720p etc i think, i may be wrong though.

I dont think there are any upscaled ps3 games. Every resolution stated on the back of the box is usually native resolution.

I didnt think they could run 1080p at 60fps yet... It makes sence that fighters are 720p because you need at least 60fps. but if 1080p did 60fps, i dont see why every fighter or racer on the system wouldn't use that resolution?

Tis true, but that's the only 360 game that had the exception made for it. It was too far into development to use the predictive tiled rendering so to get it running at a smooth framerate, it needed to run 600p.

Tis true, but that's the only 360 game that had the exception made for it. It was too far into development to use the predictive tiled rendering so to get it running at a smooth framerate, it needed to run 600p.

I thought Tony Hawk Project 8 and Call of Duty 3 didnt run at 720p either?
Though that is a bit off topic.

I thought Tony Hawk Project 8 and Call of Duty 3 didnt run at 720p either?
Though that is a bit off topic.
I heard a rumour on it from some German blog but nothing concrete. PGR was pretty unique because the developer actually came out and admitted it.

but if 1080p did 60fps, i dont see why every fighter or racer on the system wouldn't use that resolution?
They could make a game running at 1080p 60fps easily. The problem is that they would have to disable a bunch of the "pretty" features (fewer dynamic lights, poorer smoke effects, no AA/AF, etc) to get the frames that high. They could release Quake 3 on it and have that run at 1080p 200fps.

The thing is that at 720p, the games can have the details cranked much higher than at 1080p for the same framerates. It isn't like the PS3 can't run anything at 1080p/60fps. It's just like PC gaming. If you turn up the resolution, your framerates will drop and you have to turn down the detail levels to maintain the same framerate.

Since the vast, vast, vast majority of HDTVs are native 720p, it makes more sense to target 720p with higher detail than 1080p with lower detail.

The thing is that at 720p, the games can have the details cranked much higher than at 1080p for the same framerates. It isn't like the PS3 can't run anything at 1080p/60fps.
QFT. I wish more people would understand this.

One thing i don't understand is 30fps.

It seems like consoles have been pushing 30fps for way too long now. Give us 60 fps games please.

I didnt think they could run 1080p at 60fps yet

Well the arcade hardware is a 6800GT. So I think an RSX will be enough to handle 1080p.
An article a few months ago said they were improving the shadows among other things on PS3 VF5.

Wow, I just watched the Sony CES keynote.

It's all just a pack of lies!

Wow. Just wow. That guy just stood up there and lied through his teeth multiple times. I expect a marketing VP to do this, but he was so brazen about it that it shocked me.

I really don't want to hate Sony this much. I really don't. I love the PS2. But they're sure not making it easy on me.

Back