Motorola Droid X Walmart Deal $79.99

Great deal. I am in love my X. I have friends with the original Droid, the Droid 2, and the Incredible and they all drool when they see the size and clarity of my screen. FroYo seems a little buggier on it than before I upgraded, but I'm guessing that just comes from finding quirks that I didn't have time to with the original ROM.

Too bad verizon has sucked an assload in my area for the past almost 4 months...

I called to do it with the $15 data plan but walmart doesn't have it yet, the guy told me to call monday to see if they get updated with the $15 data plan. They also have the fascinate for $50

Would be a complete waste to buy a smartphone with the $15 plan unless you're always in WiFi range.

Hence the reason I want the $15 plan. I don't need unlimited data. 150mb would be sufficient for checking email while I am out and about, but where I would be doing anything data intensive I would have wifi. This is only reason I am getting a smart phone now, I refuse to pay $30 for internet on a phone.

Hence the reason I want the $15 plan. I don't need unlimited data. 150mb would be sufficient for checking email while I am out and about, but where I would be doing anything data intensive I would have wifi. This is only reason I am getting a smart phone now, I refuse to pay $30 for internet on a phone.

Ditto. I'm around wifi all day long, so until now I've refused to go for the $30/month plan. $15 for when I happen to be on the road is perfect. Can't believe I just complemented Verizon...:eek:

Well just make sure to uncheck "data enabled" under the mobile network settings. I can almost guarantee you'll use 150 MBs/month just by the phone wanting to sync all your Google contacts/calendar/settings/etc, e-mail and whatever else you have installed on your phone (weather/bank/news widgets and stuff). I thought about moving my wife over to the $15 data plan since she doesn't even use her Droid for internet or e-mail away from home much, but she still manages to use at least 200-300 MBs/month without even doing anything hardly. I think Verizon knows this and set the lower plan cap too low to still force 95% of smart phone users into the unlimited plan.

Back