Moto X+1

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
Anyone else really excited about this phone? I know its all rumors right now, but if they are all true, I'll be selling my iPhone 5s in a heartbeat and buying a new one of these. Finally a company that knows what I want (hopefully)

5" or larger 1920x1080 screen.
Amoled display.
Near stock android.
Microsd card slot.
Fast updates.
Features that I would ACTUALLY use (yeah I'm looking at you Samsung).
Nexus level pricing.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it has all the above. If it does, it will be my new daily driver.

They need to make a licensing deal with lg/samsung/sony for either one of their camera tech and they would be golden.

Don't count on Nexus level pricing, that rumor flew through the intertubes for the original and it wasn't correct at all.

Other wise yes, bring it on!

I wouldn't count on fast updates now that lenovo is at the helm. There is no guarantee they will keep that up.

I'm interested to say the least.

The moto x is a great phone(minus the camera) from what I hear. When I've played with it in the store I like the feel and the short lived experience. I'm in dire need of a new phone but I don't really want a contact and don't want to pay a premium. So hopefuly the next nexus and the Moto X+1 get announced soon. I'm counting on less than 400 or a drop in the Moto X price but with some of the specs I'm seeing I could very well see it be a bit more expensive.

Don't count on Nexus level pricing, that rumor flew through the intertubes for the original and it wasn't correct at all.

Other wise yes, bring it on!
True, initially Moto X was priced along with other smartphones but within a few months, the price did fall in line with the Nexus 5. Even now, you can get a Moto X for $350 or less if you have a .edu account.

I'm hoping they come out with a dev edition quickly - would be a nice replacement for my Droid Maxx Dev Edition.

There is another phone that has near same specs and probably better imho that is already out.

Please let us know where we can get this phone right now for msrp?
:-D

Just saying, I dont think the Moto X+1 is anything special. It literally has last years specs and nothing to really differentiate itself yet. If it is truly nexus pricing I could see the appeal for many. But at flagship level pricing off contract or on it ($200-$300 subsidized) I just dont see the appeal with the plethora of other phones at the same price that have better specs and bigger batteries.

I have a Moto X and I absolutely love it. It's one of the best pieces of technology I've ever owned. It's specs are not as good as my wife's HTC One, or a number of other slightly older flagship phones. What sets it apart are its features, which are just brilliant. Touchless voice recognition is flawless. (My brother, who is a software engineer, told me a month ago that Apple was coming up with this awesome new feature, namely the ability to voice command your phone without touching it. "You mean like this," I said, and checked the weather with my phone in my pocket.) Active notification is something I never want to do without. The interface is clean and intuitive (way better than the One).

I have no idea if the MotoX+1 will be great. But if it is, it's not because of the specs.

Just saying, I dont think the Moto X+1 is anything special. It literally has last years specs and nothing to really differentiate itself yet. If it is truly nexus pricing I could see the appeal for many. But at flagship level pricing off contract or on it ($200-$300 subsidized) I just dont see the appeal with the plethora of other phones at the same price that have better specs and bigger batteries.

My brother, who is a software engineer, told me a month ago that Apple was coming up with this awesome new feature, namely the ability to voice command your phone without touching it. "You mean like this," I said, and checked the weather with my phone in my pocket.
did you also do it in the Apple jerk tone of voice? Just kidding.

Is the moto x + 1 its real name or just one idiots conjured up?

Motorola press conference happening tomorrow, might be a good idea to keep an eye on the news feed for the new X:

http://newfrommoto.com/

11v8IKb.jpg

OK, this actually seems to be a press-private conference with an embargo for tomorrow, so we may not get any details until the 5th.

YouTube Link for tomorrow's "A First Look at the New Portfolio of Moto Products" session happening tomorrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ne0Li7hvs

Last edited:
I will happily declare myself a Moto fanboy, if they release a large screen phone on ATT I may switch to them. Also now that they are apart of Lenovo they stand a chance to get WP8 variants.

Back