Moto Atrix HD - deleted the native text messenger

Mr. Stryker

Supreme [H]ardness
I put up my phone on sale, but kind of realized something - I deleted the stock text messenger app on the phone and am not receiving any texts. Friends are able to get texts from me through third party apps like Chomp, but I'm not getting anything. I tried to google up for a way to download the .apk but am unable to find anything. Any ideas on how to get it back?

When you say delete, I'm assuming you rooted it and just wiped out the APK? If not, there is probably a way to get it back.

If so, I would just restore the factory image.
-Figure out what SW you are on (this is important)
-Download the image here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/dinara/list.php
-Google Motorola FXZ
-Restore factory image and bring the phone to stock

you can't use handcent? that's a pretty popular app. or just restore the original apk

Op, your best bet is to return to stock, su nds like you deleted the native app, which some 3rd party messaging apps utilize I believe.... Try handcent like recommended above thoug. .

Download the original apk and install it. Its really simple to do. You could download a ROM for your phone and just pull the apk from it if you can't find the single apk online

Did a factory reset, and it's still gone. Fuck. I'm at work, and I'm not too sure it's worth the trouble. I'll have to note that the text doesn't work in my FS thread..

Download the original apk and install it. Its really simple to do. You could download a ROM for your phone and just pull the apk from it if you can't find the single apk online

Yeah, where do I download that damn APK lol

Tried GoSMS and that didn't work, Chomp SMS, nope, but haven't tried Handcent.

If you cannot find the APK on its own, find the origional rom, or hell pretty much any rom on XDA for it, and just extract the single APK from there.

Side note - what did you do that caused this?

If you cannot find the APK on its own, find the origional rom, or hell pretty much any rom on XDA for it, and just extract the single APK from there.

Side note - what did you do that caused this?
I already gave him his solution up there^^^^

Hell, if he was smart, he would just comb through the FXZ (it's just a glorified ZIP) file posted on that site and find the APK himself.

...but what do I know...

Handcent seems to be working.. interesting. I'll still extract the APK when I get home because I'm selling this phone and it wouldn't seem right to ship a phone without its native messaging app present.

You think I didn't try that already?

EDIT: Funny, googling what you typed shows this thread as the first result.

If I wasn't busy I wowuld find it for you but I'm out n about right now getting a new dishwasher. Post back tonight if you don't find it and I will get it for you

Back