Motherboard Selection

todlerix

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
2,244
I'm after a motherboard for a Q6600, good performance/stability.

I need it to support a Q6600, 2GB DDR2 or 3. and an 8800 GT

No overclocking, no SLI, not even raid. If it has the features its ok, but i don't need any of em.

I myself have a 680i (evga) and an 8800gtx and my shit crashes if i try to play a video with a game open, common problem that I don't want to occur on this machine.

The chipset to me doesnt really matter as long as its stable. Just needs to be 8800gt q6600 and 2gb of ram friendly (4 slots pref)
form factor ATX

Please any suggestions.
 
MSI Neo2-FR Very nice board, stable, easy to use..and best of all, you can get it for 119 with a 20 rebate at the egg.
 
if your not overclocking try ga-p35-ds3p
basically a DS4, with less cooling (and less cost)
 
if all you need is to support Q6600, 8800 & 2Gb with no RAID etc. then all you need is something like an abit IP35-E, Gigabyte P35-DS3L.
Even those boards will handle an overclock & more RAM so your needs won't be stressing them.
 
if all you need is to support Q6600, 8800 & 2Gb with no RAID etc. then all you need is something like an abit IP35-E, Gigabyte P35-DS3L.
Even those boards will handle an overclock & more RAM so your needs won't be stressing them.

What's the difference between the Gigabyte P35-DS3L and the Gigabyte P35-DS3R? I myself am looking to build a very, very similar system to the OP's and I was looking at getting one of those boards but I don't know which one to choose. I don't need SLI or RAID either but I do plan on possibly OC'ing the Q6600 to ~3.0ghz or so. Do you think the DS3L will suffice? That would be nice because it is much cheaper. :)

Thanks

-wd
 
DS3L

DS3R

I'm in a similar situation, Looking at the L since I dont need raid and am looking for something cheap
 
Back
Top