A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I'm building a briefcase PC, and the inside of the case is wood, so is there a huge need for putting in riser's? If so...how should I go about installing thoughs?
I'm not sure I fully understand what you are talking about. Are you talking about a pci riser? If so, use one if you need to in order to fit everything in. Otherwise, if you can fit everything in without the use of a riser then don't use a riser. Not sure what this all has to do with a wooden interior.
He means stand-offs...You could use them, thatt way you will have an even board height, just in case some of the through-hole components aren't sticking through the other side of the board at the same length..
i think standoffs would even it out because some of the spiky pins in the back of the mobo is not always even along with plastic things that hold down some stuff
What are you going to use to hold the mobo in place, and if you fore-go the use of the
stand off's be sure to have enough clearence for the daughter card brackets.
Well, I have a motherboard tray for one mobo, where as for the other one, the better one, I don't. Really this computer isnt about performance at all, so I was just considering drilling holes in the mobo tray and just screwing that down, but I was just wondering how much work it would be to install the standoff's on just the bare wood.
Thanks...and sorry about the risers/standoff's thing, I must've been semi-unconcious at the time.