Motherboard problems

KJ1999

n00b
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
3
I recently purchased a new motherboard and processor and I am having difficulties getting it to work. Any suggestions? I really need help.
 
That's a very very broad question. What goes wrong? What happens? More info, please.

And what parts, mobo, cpu, RAM, etc?
 
I purchased a Gigabyte motherboard and AMD 64 processor. I installed and now receiving blue screen of death on Windows XP. The motherboard is a model GA-K8NNXP.
 
Okay, I'm still gonna say that's incredibly vague: please be a lot more descriptive about what the BSOD says.

But here's some advice:

- Did you only upgrade these parts and keep the same Windows install? If so, you really should reformat the computer when you install a new mobo.

- depending on what the BSOD says, I might point to memory.
 
I re-formatted the HD after the initial boot failed. I was running XP pro. When I tried to re-install the OP. it would freeze. I did install the OP on the HD with the use of another computer. When I put the HD back in the syst, I got the blue screen of death.

Here is the syst:
AMD 64 3200+
Gigabyte K8 Triton series with nforce 3 chipset "limited edition" and a DPS
512 MB of DDR 400 (tested on another syst)
40 gig HD 5400 RPM 133 ATA (re-formatted with XP Pro)
15 gig HD backup (re-formated with XP Home)
 
Back
Top