• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Motherboard or PSU?

Joined
Nov 1, 2004
Messages
5
I have an IC7-G, P4 2.8C, Vantec 420 PSU, and a Radeon 9800 Pro along with two sticks of PC4000 Corsair XMS RAM.

If I run both sticks of RAM in dual channel mode, my video card artifacts. If I run them in non dual channel mode, it works for a while but eventually artifacts.

I've run Memtest on both sticks (seperately and together) for over three days, and the video card is brand new (and was tested by ATI three times.)

At this point I figure it has to be either my PSU not pushing out enough power, or a bum Northbridge. Can anyone give me any insight either way so that I can hopefully replace the bad part first instead of replacing both?

Thanks.
 
could be overheating?

also, i'd try running it with a different set of ram if ou can, just to make sure.
 
Back
Top