Aceharding
n00b
- Joined
- Dec 21, 2006
- Messages
- 28
I just built my computer from scratch and now I have the wonderful task of installing Windows XP. I have a 160 WD IDE Cavier. I put in the CD and install it as normal. I go and create a partition and format the the HD. It formats and it installs succesfully. The computer restarts and it just comes back to the startup screen again. "That's strange." I thought to myself. So I went into BIOS and lo and behold, it does not show my hard drive on the list of devices, just my dvd drive.
What's going on?
Edit>>>>>
OK, I went into BIOS and switched the type to Auto and now it recognizes it. NOW, the problem is that when it boots up and it's time for the HD to boot up (After "Press any key ot boot form CD" and looking to see if there is disk in the floppy), it freezes. Just a black screen, no blinking _, no text. Nothing. Corrupt MBR perhaps?
What's going on?
Edit>>>>>
OK, I went into BIOS and switched the type to Auto and now it recognizes it. NOW, the problem is that when it boots up and it's time for the HD to boot up (After "Press any key ot boot form CD" and looking to see if there is disk in the floppy), it freezes. Just a black screen, no blinking _, no text. Nothing. Corrupt MBR perhaps?