• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Motherboard for Intel core i3

behtp

n00b
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
14
Hi,
What would you suggest for a core i3 (LGA 1156) motherboard which has on board graphics.
Also I'm in need of a motherboard that would let me upgrade later to a core i5 or even i7.

I'm from Morocco, Motherboard will be bought from eBay or somewhere else..
Thank you
 
I think your best bet is a H57 board? it will support any 1156 cpu.

Onboard video, brother. Onboard video. H57 has no connection for onboard video from the iGPU from i3/i5 dualcores.

Your best bet is to buy H55 motherboards like Biostar TH55B HD or things in that nature, because they have the onboard connection, and the video is powered by the integrated GPU on the i3 or i5 dualcores(there is no true "onboard" video on 1156 motherboard to my knowledge beside this).

By the time you upgrade to either a i5 quad or i7, you will need to buy a discrete GPU.
 
Some H57 boards have also onboard graphics support (ex: Gigabyte H57M-USB3) - Yes I understand that I'd need to buy a GPU if I upgrade to a i7.
I'm considering only Gigabyte or Asus; I just want to know other people's thoughts about a good core i3/i5/i7 motherboard.
 
Back
Top