Motherboard driver question

Drepd

n00b
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Messages
61
Hello,

I received a new drive and figured I would put Windows 7 on it. I have an old Asus a8n5x motherboard and an old AMD 64 x2 processor.

Does Windows 7 take care of all of the motherboard drivers and things like the dual core optimizer for the AMD chip? With win XP, I had to install of these things extra. Is it wise to go ahead and get on Asus's website and get their updated drivers anyway? I assumed since win 7 was so new that it probably already has pretty updated drivers for devices.

Thanks
 
In many cases, W7 will find the needed drivers on line once installed.

I preferred to find what I needed myself and put everything on a flash drive and load it in after I installed W7.

Most Vista drivers work fine with W7 if you can't find a specifically labeled W7 driver.
 
Thanks. One of the reasons I was asking is because when I go to Asus's download page and choose my motherboard it asks which operating system...and win 7 is not in their drop down choices. So I'm not really sure what to get.
 
Thanks. One of the reasons I was asking is because when I go to Asus's download page and choose my motherboard it asks which operating system...and win 7 is not in their drop down choices. So I'm not really sure what to get.

Like I said, Vista drivers will work fine.
If it's a specific third party piece of hardware, look on their site......example,ethernet or sound drivers.

I have a really old Soundblaster audigy 2 soundcard in my son's computer and Vista drivers worked fine on his W7 OS.
 
Back
Top