Most user friendly FTP client?

scottypop

[H]ard|Gawd
Someone I know used to use the AOL FTP client (whatever the hell that looks like) and he switched providers but still needs to upload files via FTP. What client would be best for him to use?

FlashFXP is nice. It's pretty easy. If needed, IE works in a lot of cases and with it, you can just drag and drop like in Windows.

Alot of FTP servers don't like people using IE. In order for it to work it has to connect about 5 times and hammers the server. I used Bulletproof FTP and Smart FTP. Smart is free and bulletproof has a 30day trial

I would agree with FlashFXP. I have using it for quite a while and it is a great ftp client. Very user friendly and straight forward to use.

I think FlashFXP is the easiest. If you want something free, Filezilla is free and is almost as easy as Flash.

anyone know why sometimes, when you're pushing a few hundred/thousand files through with ftp, the program will disconnect (or maybe it's the server?). I get this with Cuteftp, and a friend gets it with wsftp

I've been using SmartFTP forever and it's never been anything but great. I like the layout and featureset. Not so sure if it's only free for 30 days as RazorFox said, since I've had it installed for like a year and a half...

SmartFTP is free for personal use. If you want support or use it in a business you need to register.

I'll also throw another in for SmartFTP. Used CuteFTP forever until a friend showed me Smart. I'll also agree that if you need ftp server...Bulletproof is the way to go.

Back