• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Most ultimate cooler for the XP-mobile?

karsten

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
1,026
I need the best air-cooled Heatsink for my mobile 2600.. can someone tell me what it will be? running on DFI Lanparty B mobo. thanks....
 
UHHH eevryone one knows!! thermalright XP-120!!! and a tornado if ya cant stand the noise.
 
aZn_plyR said:
UHHH eevryone one knows!! thermalright XP-120!!! and a tornado if ya cant stand the noise.
nice buddy but the xp120 does not support socket A mobos
 
N H O said:
nice buddy but the xp120 does not support socket A mobos
haha pwn3d!!!!11!! :p

I've heard good things about the Thermalright SI-97 for socket A
 
for heatsinks that are currently being produced, the thermalright si-97 would be your best bet.
 
N H O said:
nice buddy but the xp120 does not support socket A mobos

doesnt mean u can't stick it on there and ziptie it!! hehe now I am being silly :)
 
aZn_plyR said:
doesnt mean u can't stick it on there and ziptie it!! hehe now I am being silly :)
Don't laugh, I ziptie WAY too much stuff in my computer that should be anchored in a more permanent manner. ;)
 
I had a SI-97 and a Tornado before upgrading. For god sake put that fan on a controller. Great combo though.
 
I roll a 92mm Vornado in my primary rig...yes a fan controller is almost a requirement. Just remember to get one that can handle 12V.
 
Tenchi4U said:
Don't laugh, I ziptie WAY too much stuff in my computer that should be anchored in a more permanent manner. ;)
beats the toothpicks and staws that i use ;)

though i will regurgitate like a cow. si-97 for heatsinks that are in production.
if you can find one, slk-900a, but they're extremely rare
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
beats the toothpicks and staws that i use ;)

though i will regurgitate like a cow. si-97 for heatsinks that are in production.
if you can find one, slk-900a, but they're extremely rare


I can vouch for that.... I picked up a DFI LPB a couple months ago and was kinda pissed that my MCX-462 wouldn't work on it due to the odd placement of those surface mount resistors right by the holes. So I've been using an old MCX-370. Just not enough for me right now..... especially not with 2.5 or more in sight with my mobile XP. Earlier this week, I scored an slk-900a on xtremesystems for $25shipped, with an 80mm tornado :) Can't wait to see what it'll do.
 
Back
Top