Most Replayability?

J W

[H]ard|Gawd
What games have the best replay value?

Any genre.

Age doesn't matter.

Games with large modding communities like Neverwinter Nights and Oblivion.

Generally multiplayer games will be at the top of the replayability list for obvious reasons. For me, CS and CS:S by far.

For single player games, generally those which have large modding communities or those whose design allow many different ways of completing each level (for example the Thief games).

There are also games which technically are repetitive but designed so well that you can play them endlessly (like the Diablo games).

Excluding mods and the like I've found C&C Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert to have the most replayability of anything in my collection. Perfect Dark (damn I wish it was for PC and not n64) and Diablo 2 is probably the next rung down followed by Max Payne, Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and No One Lives Forever. The Witcher is probably pretty close behind them.

With mods adding content... Red Alert again and NWN1 probably.

RTS are generally very replayable for me. Sins of a Solar Empire doesn't even have a proper campaign mode (something I really wish they'd include, rather than just backstories on the 3 races in the manual) and I still play it all the time against AI and online.

Probably TF2.

Each game is different and Valve are keeping it interesting with updates. I'd like to see Demoman and Engineer updates next

Total Annihilation

What is it, 10 years? That game still trumps all others for me.

I've probably spent most time playing Resident Evil 4 or Warcraft III DotA, and still play.

For me, it was/is Half Life. I never tire of that game. I played each of them through 2-3 times. Particularly just before the next one comes out. That way the story is fresh in my mind when I play the new one.

However, as far as genre is concerned it has to be RTS. My current love is Empire: Total War. I worked through all the CTD and love the game. I suspect I will try many different countries in the Grand Campaign.

starcraft
TF2
L4D
system shock 2 (you really need to play it twice to appreciate it)
CS:S
any good RPG game (some mentioned above)
enternal silence mod for HL2 is a lot of fun

i'd think of more but i gotta take a huge dump

i have to agree with a previous post , a game with mods. Whatever mod that is. Example , CS has a lot of replay because of server mod, like gun game. Oblivion has a lot of replay value especially because of stuff like Oscuro overhaul .

So any games with a good online community is the most replayable game.

Diablo 2: LoD

Can't count the hours I spent playing it. Although replayability was better when cows were all the rage.

civilization

/end thread

This. My current "snail" game on a "Gigantic" map in Rise of Mankind for Civilization IV Beyond the Sword looks like it might take weeks.

A good strategy game can be replayed forever.

I don't think multiplayer games should be listed because there is no "end" to achieve and then start "replaying" but whatever. <.<

Temple of elemental evil.

I loved this game but didn't want to play anymore after beating it. There are so many role playing possibilities for the party, but the moathouse and temple are too straightforward to play repeatedly. There are a few story choices for good vs evil parties, but not enough.
Great game though. Best turn based D&D combat of all time.

StarCraft, Deus Ex 1, L4D, Killing Floor (mod), Diablo series, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (even despite its bugginess)

Well for the general populace it's WoW handsdown;

For me however it's either Dota, Civ Series, or starcraft

i've been playing chess and solitaire for over 30 years now..no computer game comes close....yet..LOL

basically any multi player game against humans have tons of replayability.

Any good strategy game with a sandbox mode -- the Civ series as mentioned already, SMAC, GalCiv, MoO.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (even despite its bugginess)

I can't figure out if its a RPG, or a FPS, I know it be played in First person/Third person, but do you get weapons (guns) to kill people, or is it like magic spells and such, I've seen this game getting good ratings and have unofficial patches which takes care of most of the bugs, just dunno if its for me. I'm not really a RPG person.

CS:S
TF2
BF2
UT2004 (I know, it's not UT99 or whatever but I still love it, especially over UTIII)

Back