• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Most powerful single slot card

craz0

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2009
Messages
181
I'm turning my shuttle into a media pc and have taken out the 4850 so i can get tv card in there so i need a new graphics card single slot, something with a bit of power for some light gameing on a 32" lcd @ 1080.

I'm currently looking at either a Ati 5670 or a Nvid 240, is there anything else that i should be looking at for single slot ?
 
I think those two video cards are the best you can get that are single slot. I was looking for some single-slot 5770s but I don't think they exist. Just make sure the 5670 you're looking it is really dual-slot (i.e. the cooler may make it dual-slot even if the outputs on the card aren't)
 
There's one store if you do a google search and click on shopping that is carrying it. No picture. And I thought I saw some online somewhere else recently. Search for Galaxy GTX260+ Razor Edition
 
There's one store if you do a google search and click on shopping that is carrying it. No picture. And I thought I saw some online somewhere else recently. Search for Galaxy GTX260+ Razor Edition

I'll have a look for the galaxy, any idea on length or how hot they run?
 
It should be noted that cometsupply's picture doesn't match Galaxy's pictures of the card.
Cometsupply:
6534a9630339d67b55d4181.jpg

Galaxy:
gtx260razor.jpg
 
It should be noted that cometsupply's picture doesn't match Galaxy's pictures of the card.

Which is probably why they put this on the page....

NOTE: Pictures may display multiple products, accessories, or other items that are not included. One picture often represents multiple products that may differ in color, size, or other characteristics. Please refer to the product description and specifications. The product color and finish displayed may vary from the actual due to monitor settings, lighting conditions, natural variation, and other factors. Styling may vary due to model updates

In any event, I'm not advocating buying it there, just posting a link to a store that showed it
 
Temps are supposed to be surprisingly low for that single slot gtx260. If you're just looking for the most powerful card, you could probably get that gtx260, but I'm on the 5670 boat. I think the sacrifice in power is a good trade off for the DX11, less power, and way less money.
 
Temps are supposed to be surprisingly low for that single slot gtx260. If you're just looking for the most powerful card, you could probably get that gtx260, but I'm on the 5670 boat. I think the sacrifice in power is a good trade off for the DX11, less power, and way less money.

Yeah i think i'll stick with the 5670 the 260 is a tad to long 27cm :eek: i think to fit into the shuttle and the shuttle only has a 450 psu.
 
if your just doing light gaming and not very picky about graphics.. the 5670, 9800GT or 8800GT are your best options for true single slot cards.. just dont let the crappy naming scheme nvidia use fool you because theres nothing in the 9xxx series of cards that beats the 8800GT except the 9800GTX/GTX+..
 
Back
Top