Most of my icons have disappeared!

bennetvu

Limp Gawd
While I was playing game and I hit alt+tab to get back to the previous browser and all of a sudden all my icons vanished. So I restarted the computer and got some back. Below is a picture of my desktop. Please let me know what I need to do to get all the icons back to normal. Thanks

First thing I would do is turn the system back to an earlier restore point. That should reverse the problem.

Well, I didn't want to do the system restore because I had horrible experience in the past but I got some icons back. Now I just need the limewire and cd rom icons back.

Can you just right-click the icon > properties > change icon and see if you can find the correct icon in there? If it isn't listed immdiately, you can always browse to the directory to try and find it.

Also, I've not used it in AGES, but TweakUI has a icon rebuild utility. IIRC, it didn't work last time I tried to use it, but let's throw options out there.

LOL, all my icons are back to neutral after I have played cs 1.6. :) Thanks for those who replied.
smile.gif

Back