Most intuitive, lightweight, easy to use screenshot app?

criccio

Fully Equipped
Ever since I moved away from OS X as my main OS, I have missed the amazingly useful screenshot abilities that it had.

You could just press CMD+Shift+3 to take a screenshot and it would automatically drop a PNG file on your desktop, or CMD+Shift+4 and your cursor would turn into a crosshair that you would drag a box around whatever you wanted to take a screenshot of.

I'm tired of having to press Print Screen, THEN paste the image into Paint, THEN properly crop it, THEN save it...

Trying to streamline the process.

Anyone know of a way to get that functionality (or similar to it) in Windows (7)?

Doesn't Windows 7 include Snippit? Look in the accessories somewhere; i'm pretty sure it does.

Wow, it does. Thanks.

Still not as easy to use as the feature is OS X but it is a huge step up.

It would be nice to hit one button (or combination of buttons) and have the PNG file automatically appear on my desktop.

Last edited:
Wow, it does. Thanks.

Still not as easy to use as the feature is OS X but it is a huge step up.

It would be nice to hit one button (or combination of buttons) and have the PNG file automatically appear on my desktop.

I agree. Snippit is a step up, at least but I did enjoy the simplicity that OS X brought.

/me <3 gnome-screenshot and keyboard bind

hit printscreen and a popup pops to save the screenshot :D

likewise with openbox,keyboardbind and scrot :D

ScreenPrint32

Captures entire screen or just active window, saves the file where you want it, specify format and naming convention. Only problem is that it has a limited selection of capture keys.

/me still uses PrintScreen and Alt+PrintScreen... never had issues with it, can make a screenshot and even paste/crop/save if necessary in less than 30 seconds.

Bleh...

When you are used to doing it in two seconds, the PrintScreen, paint, crop, save method is convoluted and ridiculous.

ScreenPrint32

Captures entire screen or just active window, saves the file where you want it, specify format and naming convention. Only problem is that it has a limited selection of capture keys.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Gadwin Print Screen is a free app, will print with one key stroke and leave the print anywhere you choose. I can't imagine anything easier; and it works with Windows7.

Thanks rblews. Good you recommended that as ScreenPrint32 app doesn't seem to work in 7.

Back